1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 35 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a KA-BAR Becker BK5 Magnum Camp

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a KA-BAR Becker BK5 Magnum Camp , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, August 31 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Let's see your Osprey K/T

Discussion in 'Osprey Knife & Tool' started by Osprey Knife & Tool, May 6, 2016.

1. cbach8tw

cbach8tw Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 9, 2006
    Are you the one with the new way to pluck garlic from the clove with a knife? :D

Osprey Knife & Tool likes this.
  2. Comprehensivist

Comprehensivist Platinum Member Platinum Member

Aug 23, 2008
    Several months back I posted a comment in this forum that I would like to see some thicker handles offered occasionally. Not all, just some.

That was back before your Vildmark model was released. I am very pleased with the handle on the one I just picked up from you. It is thicker than the handle on my K Apache. That gives me options which knife is better to choose for specific tasks.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks Chris for another great all-around design and beautiful craftsmanship. :thumbsup:

Phil

3. RobbieB

RobbieB Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 13, 2017
    Blueberries are beginning to ripen here in Georgia...
    [​IMG]

4. Bmurray

Bmurray Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 9, 2012
    Warthog badassery. Seems to be my water knife. It's going back to Florida next month and again in August.

[​IMG]

5. Comprehensivist

Aug 23, 2008
    Bmurray and Osprey Knife & Tool like this.
  6. Osprey Knife & Tool

Osprey Knife & Tool Moderator Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jun 4, 2014

I don't think I am getting all my email alerts. Somehow I missed some of these.
    Thank you for sharing! this is always the most enjoyable part of my work, when you guy's post up and share pictures of the knives in your day to day lives and uniqe perspectives!

Awesome photos Guy's! @Comprehensivist, @Bmurray, @RobbieB do you guy's mind if I post these pictures on Instagram and Facebook?

Bmurray and RobbieB like this.
  7. RobbieB

RobbieB Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 13, 2017
    You’re more than welcome to use mine.

I went through a few months when I wasn’t getting email alerts either. I reported it in the Tech subforum, but never heard anything about it. Then a few weeks back, I began getting them. Over the last few days, I’ve stopped receiving them again.

8. Bmurray

Feb 9, 2012
    Absolutely my friend

9. Comprehensivist

Aug 23, 2008
    Thanks for chiming in Chris @Osprey Knife & Tool . You are always welcome to repost any of my photos that will help promote your business.

Phil

10. Bmurray

Feb 9, 2012
    Comprehensivist likes this.
  11. Bmurray

Feb 9, 2012
    spareribs headed to the smoker with help from the Raptor

[​IMG]

12. Comprehensivist

Aug 23, 2008
    Hey Bob,

Your comment about wanting to see a Vildmark with a shorter blade height got me curious about what you are thinking. Are you suggesting a change to the overall size or just the blade height for some specific purpose? Either way, please expand on what you are thinking.

Just for kicks, I did some side-by-side comparisons between the Vildmark and a Fiddleback Bush Hermit because I know that you like that model (as do I.)

Vildmark Bush Hermit
    OAL: 8.515” 8.745”
    Handle Length: 4.700” 4.790”
    Blade Length: 3.815” 3.955”
    Blade Height: 1.270” 1.310”
    Blade Thickness: .149” .120”
    Weight: 5.18 oz. 5.36 oz.

The Vildmark is slightly more compact than the Bush Hermit. I like the fact that the Vildmark comes guardless (I removed the guard extension on my BH.) The Vildmark’s thicker handle with tapered flats on the front end feels great to me. The blade-to-handle ratio and overall size seem well balanced to me as an all around field knife.

I guess I could sum up my thoughts by saying that I think the existing proportions of the Vildmark are “just right” as designed.

Again, I am curious what you are proposing or trying to accomplish with a modified blade height? Do tell Mr. Big Deal. :thumbsup:

Phil

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Osprey Knife & Tool and Bmurray like this.
  13. Bmurray

Feb 9, 2012
    scored a good deal on a Vidmark. should be here in a few days.