Let's see your Scout/Camp knives

I agree Tim, Those Knives are exceptionally made- without a doubt Custom quality! Yours looks Great! well done!

I have to thank Stropping Young Lad Stropping Young Lad for working with me on trading for this extraordinary example of GEC's workmanship. Mr. Campagna's SFO's on these are superbly done as well.

z2cDz9T.jpg

Hey! You got a pin!

Charlie my friend- you are SO right- those Knives are in every way a Special Factory Order.
Everything when handling this knife is an experience - each Blade and each edge is perfect- just as good as you can get.

Hard to come by now too- for good reason!

QBUSLht.jpg

Picked up this NOS Ontario camp knife today, this thing is solid. Some stout pulls especially the awl,its a 9 and has already drawn blood closing :eek: It's definitely a no frills tool, well ground in the areas it needs to be, but a bit crude in others. Thought the soft body armor panels I found in a house made an appropriate back drop:thumbsup: For y'all thats served, Thank you :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks Tom, it's big and I love it! I believe it was a total of 65 Autumn Jigged Bone from 2016. 6 handle variations.
I have one like yours and I am wanting one with a different handle material to go with it . I haven't used mine yet ,but I take it out often to admire the craftmenship of it. Tom

David matey- that's a nice Case my friend!
Thanks, I'm quite pleased with the find. Picked it up from a vender who has a pretty big selection of knives. Most of his Case stuff is newer but he got this in a trade. I've seen @Buzzbait mention how over built these are compared to most scouts,I didn't quite grasp that until I laid it next to an Ulster I have. While almost the same length everything else is just more robust. With a price sticker of only $50 I didn't even try to haggle the guy.

As far as I can tell it looks like the factory edges, even had a slight bur. I say had because I cant stand a burred edge lol. A knife like this I dont worry about using,its common enough that its not particularly rare. But uncommon enough to be a nice find at a nice price. To me its like stepping into a time machine and being able to buy it new to enjoy.

Back