Let's see your Scout/Camp knives

My P.O. Box yielded a very nice present, from a good friend !!
I was born and raised in Buffalo, NY, and I pick up A Buffalo Cut. Co. whenever I see one!!
(Yes, they had a cutlery there for a short time!!)
Most Buffalos were contracted by Schrade Cut, Co, and this knice knife was no exception!:)
IMO, it's in perfect collectible condition!! Great looking, hardly used, good snap on all blades, and with perfect patina!!
Without further ado:
Buffalo Russell 1.jpg Buffalo Russell 2.jpg Buffalo Russell 3.jpg Buffalo Russell 4.jpg Buffalo Russell 5.jpg
Thanks, Russell!!!:thumbsup:

Nice collection, MUFC4B!! I especially like the Hartkopf!! You don't see a lot of stag on utility knives!!:thumbsup:

Thanks waynorth, I’ve only seen stag handled camp knives from Boker, Hartkopf and Hubertus.

Any present day US makers do a nice camp knife?

I like the look of the Hubertus stag handled camp knife, no bolsters. Unfortunately the main blade length is just over 3” long which would make it prohibited to carry about in the UK.

Charlie I doubt you would find a finer Buffalo than that one! :eek: WOW what a Beauty!

I have a precious Buffalo Scout too- again- this too was gifted from the generous Mr. Paul Hilborn!
OOOH!! Show us (again?) please!!!:) I can't remember if you showed it??
Who am I again??:oops::rolleyes::D

Charlie Sir, of course....

Not in quite the condition as yours, in saying this- this Knife's Walk and Talk is like Brand New- Beautiful Peach-Seed Handles - I really like this Knife!

mOMv36C.jpg

imcKXsC.jpg

Ag2k7a8.jpg

jSgZsIr.jpg

3ExMjo1.jpg

bnXNGIj.jpg

cLHtbnC.jpg

Glad you like it Charlie, When I first saw it I knew it would be at home with you because of your Buffalo connection. Enjoy it my friend you are very welcome.

Duncan your stable mate is nice, all in it’s own right.:):thumbsup:

Russell

Got this one in the mail today. Took me a while to find one in this condition. Minor chip on tip of blade but otherwise excellent!

View attachment 1232157
View attachment 1232158

I do like the 10th mountain Division knives. I bought one, it has few hairlines. Liked it so much I bought another. Smaller than the usual scout knives but a nice and tidy knife. Yours looks in remarkable condition.

Russell

My only scout folder..... I wish GEC would make this model, but I was told the saw is not possible on their machinery a couple years back.

Imagine an R4 style from GEC with stag, ebony, desert ironwood, jig bone, cocobolo, crown shields, etc.

I do like this Camillus R4, a great knife that I carry hiking a lot.
607621D4-63E2-4D78-8312-89AAF7264003.jpeg

I do like the 10th mountain Division knives. I bought one, it has few hairlines. Liked it so much I bought another. Smaller than the usual scout knives but a nice and tidy knife. Yours looks in remarkable condition.

Russell

Thanks. I'm really happy with it. First time I saw one was at a knife show a year ago. It was almost pristine, but the guy wanted $800 for it, I figured if that was the going rate I'd never get one. Finally scored a nice one, if not for the minor chip at the tip of the blade it would be near perfect. Ulster made a damn nice knife back then.

uHeFCwF.jpg

dSQy0rM.jpg

LrxQnae.jpg

qcfMr6c.jpg

eGYFOqt.jpg

iP4o7rM.jpg

While very similar, the differences in these are interesting. Why the different jigging? The material is the same, the age has to be fairly close, did the specs change the jigging with the shield and blade etch? Everything else is the same, even the punch and bail, so if it was economics you'd think as few changes as possible. Still, makes a nice set...

uHeFCwF.jpg

dSQy0rM.jpg

LrxQnae.jpg

qcfMr6c.jpg

eGYFOqt.jpg

iP4o7rM.jpg

While very similar, the differences in these are interesting. Why the different jigging? The material is the same, the age has to be fairly close, did the specs change the jigging with the shield and blade etch? Everything else is the same, even the punch and bail, so if it was economics you'd think as few changes as possible. Still, makes a nice set...
Maybe the difference is one is not an "OFFICIAL BSA" (note quotes) (and thus cost correspondingly less when new)?

Nice set. Will they see pocket time?

Picked up this Challenge Scout last week. Did some research before I bought it and could only come up with one other example with a Stainless etch on the blade. Challenge part of tang stamp is poorly or bounce struck, maybe because of stainless steel. Tang reads Challenge Cutlery Corp, no Bridgeport. No other blades are marked, the main and the can opener do have a half circle struck on the tang.
The knife has great snaps and no play, the back of the blade has a name "Billie Padgitt" scratched in it.

IMG_1150.jpg IMG_1152.jpg IMG_1157.jpg IMG_1164.jpg IMG_1169.jpg IMG_1161.jpg IMG_1159.jpg

Back