1. Week 51 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco C244GP Native Chief
    Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco C244GP Native Chief G10 + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships! Be sure to read the rules before entering!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Dec 21 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Let's see your Scout/Camp knives

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by pistonsandgears, Jan 17, 2017.

1. waynorth

waynorth Dealer / Materials Provider Dealer / Materials Provider

Nov 19, 2005
    My P.O. Box yielded a very nice present, from a good friend !!
    I was born and raised in Buffalo, NY, and I pick up A Buffalo Cut. Co. whenever I see one!!
    (Yes, they had a cutlery there for a short time!!)
    Most Buffalos were contracted by Schrade Cut, Co, and this knice knife was no exception!:)
    IMO, it's in perfect collectible condition!! Great looking, hardly used, good snap on all blades, and with perfect patina!!
    Without further ado:
    Buffalo Russell 1.jpg Buffalo Russell 2.jpg Buffalo Russell 3.jpg Buffalo Russell 4.jpg Buffalo Russell 5.jpg
    Thanks, Russell!!!:thumbsup:

2. Campbellclanman

Campbellclanman Platinum Member Platinum Member

Mar 10, 2007
    Charlie I doubt you would find a finer Buffalo than that one! :eek: WOW what a Beauty!

I have a precious Buffalo Scout too- again- this too was gifted from the generous Mr. Paul Hilborn!

3. coolhand68

coolhand68 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 12, 2006
    Got this one in the mail today. Took me a while to find one in this condition. Minor chip on tip of blade but otherwise excellent!

IMG_5639.jpg IMG_5640.jpg

4. MUFC4Benfica1

MUFC4Benfica1

Sep 16, 2019
    Thanks waynorth, I’ve only seen stag handled camp knives from Boker, Hartkopf and Hubertus.

Any present day US makers do a nice camp knife?

I like the look of the Hubertus stag handled camp knife, no bolsters. Unfortunately the main blade length is just over 3” long which would make it prohibited to carry about in the UK.

5. waynorth

Nov 19, 2005
    OOOH!! Show us (again?) please!!!:) I can't remember if you showed it??
    Who am I again??:oops::rolleyes::D

6. Campbellclanman

Campbellclanman Platinum Member Platinum Member

Mar 10, 2007
    Charlie Sir, of course....

Not in quite the condition as yours, in saying this- this Knife's Walk and Talk is like Brand New- Beautiful Peach-Seed Handles - I really like this Knife!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. waynorth

Nov 19, 2005
    Yours and mine look like they were born on the same day, Duncan!!:eek::D
    Nice knife!!:)

navaja and Campbellclanman like this.
  8. Rusty1

Rusty1 Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 6, 2005
    Glad you like it Charlie, When I first saw it I knew it would be at home with you because of your Buffalo connection. Enjoy it my friend you are very welcome.

Duncan your stable mate is nice, all in it’s own right.:):thumbsup:

Russell

waynorth likes this.
  9. Rusty1

Rusty1 Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 6, 2005
    I do like the 10th mountain Division knives. I bought one, it has few hairlines. Liked it so much I bought another. Smaller than the usual scout knives but a nice and tidy knife. Yours looks in remarkable condition.

Russell

coolhand68 and waynorth like this.
  10. Elgatodeacero

Elgatodeacero Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 5, 2014
    My only scout folder..... I wish GEC would make this model, but I was told the saw is not possible on their machinery a couple years back.

Imagine an R4 style from GEC with stag, ebony, desert ironwood, jig bone, cocobolo, crown shields, etc.

I do like this Camillus R4, a great knife that I carry hiking a lot.
    607621D4-63E2-4D78-8312-89AAF7264003.jpeg

11. coolhand68

Mar 12, 2006
    Thanks. I'm really happy with it. First time I saw one was at a knife show a year ago. It was almost pristine, but the guy wanted $800 for it, I figured if that was the going rate I'd never get one. Finally scored a nice one, if not for the minor chip at the tip of the blade it would be near perfect. Ulster made a damn nice knife back then.

Rusty1 likes this.
  12. coolhand68

Mar 12, 2006
    Vintage Ulster Boy Scout Knife. Rare to find one in this condition.

IMG_5652.jpg

navaja, Headwinds, TFBraden and 9 others like this.
  13. 315

315 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2017
    Absolutely exquisite, I doubt you’d ever find one in better shape. Interesting that the etched badge on the blade isn’t horizontal with the etched writing, but instead lines up with the shield.

coolhand68 likes this.