Let's see your Scout/Camp knives

What is the handle material on the top knife, Jer??
I think it's that celluloid sheet stuff.
BgVKIhi.jpg

NyBwK99.jpg

Just received this beautiful old Catalog in the mail!!:) I love old knife books of any kind, and old catalogs are the best!!
Thanks Mark!!:thumbsup: Markeologist Markeologist
View attachment 1378505 View attachment 1378506 View attachment 1378507 View attachment 1378508 View attachment 1378509
Seen with a Junior Scout,K6353!!;)

You are most welcome Mr. CC!! I was worried that it might be something you already have (I guess not) and so glad you found one of your knives in the catalog...the history and the research add so much to the experience of collecting, whether it be knives, trivets, bicycles, or cars!

You are most welcome Mr. CC!! I was worried that it might be something you already have (I guess not) and so glad you found one of your knives in the catalog...the history and the research add so much to the experience of collecting, whether it be knives, trivets, bicycles, or cars!
I've never even seen that catalog before, Mark!
It's great; Thanks again!!:cool::thumbsup:

My wife’s grandfather passed away about 5 years ago and when the family was cleaning out the garage I was given a few old tools. This was with them...a 1930’s (I believe) Remington RS3333. There’s some glue on the blade that I need to remove, but otherwise I’m great shape.

Attachments

• CDC5DCD7-E21B-45D6-A6A5-7E85341C1167.jpeg
    CDC5DCD7-E21B-45D6-A6A5-7E85341C1167.jpeg
    83.4 KB · Views: 29
  • CCFBB6BD-E46D-405D-8ED2-FFC8A83EB856.jpeg
    CCFBB6BD-E46D-405D-8ED2-FFC8A83EB856.jpeg
    83.2 KB · Views: 24
I just received my first Scout/Camp knife that's not an SAK or Camillus "Demo" knife: an unused, unsharpened Western S-901 B. Not only is it unsharpened, there isn't even a secondary bevel! I've only seen that in Opinels before.
View attachment 1398952 View attachment 1398953
Can somebody explain why the oval shield on the Western S-901 knife is blank? Is it a space for personalized engraving?

The two I presently have available. Marbles MR278 and (BTI) 23OT.
Not with me: 1960's Ulster Official BSA 4 blade, with white covers, another Marbles MR278 or three, A Böker "Magnum" with dark rosewood (almost looks like ebony) covers, and the Western Demo Knife the Army Reserves issued to me in 1975.
The MR278 is part of my EDC this week. I'll probably switch to the (BTI) 23OT next week.

View attachment 1436160

Last edited:
Got this old Scout the other day... normally I would think this is a Camillus but it doesn't have the spiraled punch so I'm a little confused. Everything else on it looks pretty similar to other Camillus Camp/Scout's I have so I'll chalk it up to probably maybe? o_O

SCOUT0.JPG SCOUT1.JPG

Got this old Scout the other day... normally I would think this is a Camillus but it doesn't have the spiraled punch so I'm a little confused. Everything else on it looks pretty similar to other Camillus Camp/Scout's I have so I'll chalk it up to probably maybe? o_O

View attachment 1451597 View attachment 1451598
It says "Standard" on it, so its either a Standard Knife Co knife or a standard scout knife o_O
I'm pretty sure that Case owns the Standard name, so I'd guess its a Case made, Standard labeled knife. If its a genuine Standard, its really old.

Edit: I think Case owns the name now. For all I know Camillus may have owned it at one time.

Back