Let's see your Scout/Camp knives

Indeed a twin, Kevin!!:)
The etch is pretty light on mine, probably easily worn away!:rolleyes:
They probably called that Orange, "Tan", but it's definitely Orange!!:D

My love for knives basically began with the quest for the original Dwight Divine / Ulster official scout knives. I've been working at finding the best examples of the old ones that I can find, without breaking the bank of course ;) Although some of these are really hard to find in decent shape even if you have deep pockets :D But here are the best ones I've found to date, most still have a little etch left on them: ULSC4A (BSA #1502, 1923-1926), ULSC4C (BSA #1503, 1923-1926), ULSC4D (BSA #1502, 1927-1940), ULSC4E (BSA #1503, 1927-1940), the original Ulster Girl Scout knife and the official SeaScout Knife ULSC2A (BSA #1128, 1938-1941).

ULSTER-BS1.JPG
ULSTER-BS1A.JPG

ULSTER-BS1B.JPG ULSTER-BS1C.JPG

Still searching for an example of the pearl one... thought I had a nice one but once I got it in hand I realized quickly it was a fake :confused: Someone had replaced the scales on a #1502 with pearl. The seller returned my money no problem and appreciated me filling him in all the things that were wrong about the knife. He had a buddy that picked it up at a flea market in Texas and wanted the guy to sell it in his antique store. The guy was not that familiar with knives so I'm sure it was unintentional on his part.

ulster-bs1b-jpg.1513610
Wonderful knives, I can see why you are attracted to them. :cool::thumbsup:

My love for knives basically began with the quest for the original Dwight Divine / Ulster official scout knives. I've been working at finding the best examples of the old ones that I can find, without breaking the bank of course ;) Although some of these are really hard to find in decent shape even if you have deep pockets :D But here are the best ones I've found to date, most still have a little etch left on them: ULSC4A (BSA #1502, 1923-1926), ULSC4C (BSA #1503, 1923-1926), ULSC4D (BSA #1502, 1927-1940), ULSC4E (BSA #1503, 1927-1940), the original Ulster Girl Scout knife and the official SeaScout Knife ULSC2A (BSA #1128, 1938-1941).

View attachment 1513617
View attachment 1513621

View attachment 1513610 View attachment 1513611

Still searching for an example of the pearl one... thought I had a nice one but once I got it in hand I realized quickly it was a fake :confused: Someone had replaced the scales on a #1502 with pearl. The seller returned my money no problem and appreciated me filling him in all the things that were wrong about the knife. He had a buddy that picked it up at a flea market in Texas and wanted the guy to sell it in his antique store. The guy was not that familiar with knives so I'm sure it was unintentional on his part.
Real nice collection, Kevin!! You are a dedicated seeker of the beautiful!!:D
FYI, Empire also made a Pearl Scout!!:cool: Probably as hard to find as an Ulster though! This is my second one. I had a "place-holder" relic until I finally found this one!!:p;)Empire Pearl 1.jpg Empire Pearl 1a.jpg Empire Pearl 1c.jpg Empire Pearl 2.jpg Empire Pearl 3.jpg Empire Pearl 4.jpg

Last edited:
Back