Let's see your Scout/Camp knives

Remington Short Bolster Camp Knife

eo2EXYRO_t.jpg

W3iCp3Mi_t.jpg

Here's a Schrade Walden scout I have with the "shield" shield ;)

View attachment 1451654 View attachment 1451655
veitsi_poika veitsi_poika
Please forgive me. I'm not sure, but I believe I'm currently experiencing either brain pharts, or old man hours, and don't recall.
The "blade" below the can opener ... I "know" I've seen it before, but daRned if I remember what it is and used for.
Also is that piece with the number, an integral part of that "blade"?

Very nice Schrade Walden, by the way. :) Does it see pocket time, or is it too rare for that?

veitsi_poika veitsi_poika
Please forgive me. I'm not sure, but I believe I'm currently experiencing either brain pharts, or old man hours, and don't recall.
The "blade" below the can opener ... I "know" I've seen it before, but daRned if I remember what it is and used for.
Also is that piece with the number, an integral part of that "blade"?

Very nice Schrade Walden, by the way. :) Does it see pocket time, or is it too rare for that?
It is a "punch" style can opener or what my family called a "church key". It is all one piece. I do not carry that one because it's in good condition but I do have a different one I carry because it's a very handy knife.

SW3.JPG

Mate, i have not seen one of them for years, When i was growing up they were in every kitchen drawer and most men had one on their key ring.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::cool::cool::cool::D:D:D
We had one with a magnet that lived on the side of the fridge. But by the time I was a kid in the 80's it was only used on cans of condensed milk ;)

Dad used to keep a church key in his tool box to open cans of motor oil. I can't remember when they went to plastic bottles. '70's maybe?

Back