Let's see your Scout/Camp knives

A very generous old gentleman at work told me he'd cleared his garage out and had a couple of old penknives for me. He said his parents had lived in the same village in West Sussex all their lives and that his father had worked in the gardens up at the "big House", and that the knives must have belonged to him. No surprise then to be given a lovely, characterful old pruning knife with all the welcome signs of age and use. More surprising though a wonderful Wostenholm camp knife with unusual slanted bolsters. Wish I'd taken Before photos of these as they were absolutely black with old oil and tarnished beyond belief, but they've come up really well. Cheers George! :):)
Untitled by Mark Saunders, on Flickr

Last edited:
Couple of colorful Wenger "Snife" (Not sure whether they qualify as scout-camp).

9uIjFe.jpg

z0lBOH.jpg

Love that Weck Kevin!! A beauty for sure that one!

Nice Knives to be given there George. That I*XL is a neat one - I’m sure that style of Slanting the Bolsters & Black composite was around me the 60’s to 70,s for them if I remember correctly?

Don’t hide the old Pruner away - you should post it in the “ Prune big or go Hone” Thread :)

Augie - man that Case is a sweetheart of a knife isn’t it!! Also your later very nice pick - up that Remington just superb viewing!
In saying that ....... my eyes never tire looking at those wonderfully built Camillus’s.

Gonzalo bringing some Colour into the show :thumbsup:

Charlie - That Utica & Raz :eek::eek::eek: There are certain Knives that would make one cross the Road without looking to get to it - and that is certainly one of them.
I cannot imagine the feeling if coming across such an amazing knife like that one!!
The follow up of those two Stunners that came from the magnificence of the Utica is such a feat by both you and Bill. I’m glad you went to the trouble of doing that as we are all the better off with being so lucky to own one of those amazing/massive Camp knives. :) :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Love that Weck Kevin!! A beauty for sure that one!

Nice Knives to be given there George. That I*XL is a neat one - I’m sure that style of Slanting the Bolsters & Black composite was around me the 60’s to 70,s for them if I remember correctly?

Don’t hide the old Pruner away - you should post it in the “ Prune big or go Hone” Thread :)

Augie - man that Case is a sweetheart of a knife isn’t it!! Also your later very nice pick - up that Remington just superb viewing!
In saying that ....... my eyes never tire looking at those wonderfully built Camillus’s.

Gonzalo bringing some Colour into the show :thumbsup:

Charlie - That Utica & Raz :eek::eek::eek: There are certain Knives that would make one cross the Road without looking to get to it - and that is certainly one of them.
I cannot imagine the feeling if coming across such an amazing knife like that one!!
The follow up of those two Stunners that came from the magnificence of the Utica is such a feat by both you and Bill. I’m glad you went to the trouble of doing that as we are all the better off with being so lucky to own one of those amazing/massive Camp knives. :) :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thank you! The colour pales when compared to the beauties that parade in this thread. "I cannot imagine the feeling if coming across such an amazing knife like that one!!" I fully share the feeling.

Back