Lets see your special HI blades!

Nope no doctors over here, just regular old Phil.

advice: only listen to the ones "inside " your head-- the ones you hear outside it are bsing you.

The ones outside are bsing... does that include my wife? :D

Here is my contribution

21" trisuli ghaule kukri and a 21" M43

IMAG0360_zpsf885f589.jpg

IMAG0361_zpsb51d104b.jpg

IMAG0363_zps34b93e55.jpg

I want to keep this thread going with a 15" Tin Chirra and a special appearance by Khukuri Cat!

LqkDIZQ.jpg

I want to keep this thread going with a 15" Tin Chirra and a special appearance by Khukuri Cat!

LqkDIZQ.jpg

My cat looks like that just before we play laser tag. Stupid cat loves to chase a laser. Drives it nuts.
Mines the opposite end of the color spectrum and I can't remember it's name. It never comes when I call it anyhow.

He goes nuts over lasers. Fully puffed up tail, the works.

If only I could do as good of a job sharpening my knives as he does on his claws...

all cats love the lasers iim pretty sure ? is there a name for that design on the trisuli? that kind of wreathing along the spine?

all cats love the lasers iim pretty sure ?
Haven't tried a laser with Kenny, but I know he's not impressed by khukuris, even the original HI dui chirra by Bura.
29x6rup.jpg

Cat food, though, is always interesting.;)

Haven't tried a laser with Kenny, but I know he's not impressed by khukuris, even the original HI dui chirra by Bura.
29x6rup.jpg

Cat food, though, is always interesting.;)

Wow, that's sweet. And a Bura. Jealousy pains here.

gehazi, my trisuli looks exactly like the one above. I think that's part of what makes them a trisuli. One of my favorites. Feels super good in the hand. Perfect weight/length ratio.

I've sold a bunch over the years, I wonder what happened to all the osage orange ones I parted with.

Beautiful pix, thank you all for sharing

I received this old Museum Model Khukuri from Sgt. Khadka as a gift in year 2005 during my visit with shop Kamis and Sgt. Khadka's family.
Overall length 16 3/4 inch and weight 20 oz
Here is the picture of old Museum Khukuri
Enjoy

Wow thank you for sharing, that is a great handle on that museum model. And I made sure to tell my kitty how lovely he is for you!

Awesome historic style.
Shows they had hand guards back then.
Why did they abandon them later?

Does anybody make these handles nowadays? Seems good for fighting so that the other guys blade can't slide into your hand.

Where did Kamis get steel from traditionally, when there were no car or horse carriage springs?

you might have to get a custom for the all metal style handle , and traditionally jens, india has the best iron deposits in the east if not the world almost, I would think that if nepal does not have its own good iron , they probably imported from india in exchange for agricultural products ( unsure how long trade/relations have been between india and nepal)

Isn't it funny how to some that would just be a rusty relic of a knife ready for the dump.

But to us its a beautiful piece of art that we would cherish forever. Not a whole lot of things in life are like that.

That's a beautiful museum model.

You couldnt pry that from someones hand with a 20"CAK if you tryed. You would have to chop off their hand to get it. Love that design! Swinging it all day does make some blisters in some weird places tho. If one of them ever comes up i'm on it! Cool piece of history for sure!

Back