LET'S SEE YOUR TANK or tool KNIVES.

My git-r-done chopper
beDv3VX.jpg

WaGcvXm.jpg

I've got a bunch of boxes that tell me they're tanks. Says so right on the box. ;) But I feel a little contradiction when I see "Built Like A Tank", then open to find a little ZT 0450.

2ik4674.jpg

But this fat boy is almost always in my pocket lately.

2yjy87o.jpg

99fhip.jpg

And I recently picked up a couple Boker Pry's. They are pretty "tankish".

2n6xb9j.jpg

A bit OT, but I'd also say this compact little Taurus Judge is a bit-o-tank. At least it felt that way when I tried to ccw in my front pocket.

2nb90s1.jpg

Mine heavy use folder used to be a Kershaw Tremor because they were $10 a piece on Amazon. Used to cut through coax cable, open boxes, make lunch and generally beat it to crap, pitch it and buy another. Bought one a while back as a safe queen.

Now I used a Tope TDC as my working knife. 3V and micarta is hard to beat

It appears still a long way to go before people realize that heavy and thick knives are not always the same as tank knives.

out of all my folders it would have to be my Southern Grind Bad Monkey--sorry don't have a pic.

tank knives- aka take a beating and keep going, not talking about being a hammer of crow bar, just tough duty knives for tough jobs and trust
the knive to do the job . aka knives for hard use not for felt in a case

All right, so, I'm just going to be "that guy" for a minute, because this is the internet, and I'm just as wrong as anybody else.

BUT. I think your analogy would be more accurate (although not as cool sounding) if you were to ask people to display their "deuce and a half" knives. Or, their HMMWV knives.

Right. So, now us rascals have been set straight(er), theme of the thread-wise, I can post more pictures.

The Batum still gets the nod, but any of these others are dependable cutting tools.

ytbHjUa.jpg

This was some kind of a size comparison photo shoot I did a couple years ago, so the Batum is in this photo for scale, but the rest of them also fit into the scope of this thread.

EPQZsrp.jpg

The Kizer/Gingrich GTI, a smaller but still sturdy folder.

3eBnJhE.jpg

And, my Kershaw Cyclone. This is the big size, but I have a small version, too.

0eE4Nc0.jpg

Hmm. I think that's about it.

I can not load pictures but I have a few tankish knives, my Grayman Satu, Tiga and Dua are all tanks!! As well as my Benchmade Adamas 275 and 2750 auto are as well. Lastly would be my ZT 0300

Back