Let's see your Traditional Case knives, old to new.

Case CV 62009 1/2 10-Dot (1970 manufacture) Rough Cut Red Bone Barlow with Bone Marrow Canal prominent on the pile side.

cOw2YxH.jpg

View attachment 1234424 View attachment 1234422 View attachment 1234423

This is my first Case/Bose, and I have to say that I am very impressed. It is definitely better than many custom knives I have seen. Tony Bose must have designed this knife with bushings in the pivot, because it has that silky smooth bank vault feel.

This Wharncliff Trapper pattern at 3 5/8 inches closed is perfect.

I picked it up used on the Exchange for a reasonable price. It would cost me at least 10 times more to get an original Bose. So not a bad buy at all, especially when you consider what some popular GEC knives sell for now.

View attachment 1234424 View attachment 1234422 View attachment 1234423

This is my first Case/Bose, and I have to say that I am very impressed. It is definitely better than many custom knives I have seen. Tony Bose must have designed this knife with bushings in the pivot, because it has that silky smooth bank vault feel.

This Wharncliff Trapper pattern at 3 5/8 inches closed is perfect.

I picked it up used on the Exchange for a reasonable price. It would cost me at least 10 times more to get an original Bose. So not a bad buy at all, especially when you consider what some popular GEC knives sell for now.

I believe you are right about the bushing. Also ebony scales have nickle silver pins & shield, while bone has steel.

View attachment 1239742 View attachment 1239741

Giving this thread a bump! As a kid growing up, Case was THE knife to me. They cost a bit more than others, so naturally my working class family would buy cheaper knives. Case seemed almost highbrow to me! Funny how a kid views things. I now enjoy buying some of those knives that seemed unattainable to me then; only now they are “vintage,” like me.

Thanks paulhilborn paulhilborn , that means a lot coming from you. This stockman has especially smooth action. The spring is like a tuning fork. It snaps open with a cool vibration like a bell ringing. It is just one that I really enjoy carrying around.

Have a great Thanksgiving and a Blessed Christmas my fellow Case aficionados!

Last edited:
You definitely got the pick of the litter. I've been wanting one of those indigo bone half whittlers but want to handle it in person first....seen way to much variation in the bone to trust an online retailer.

Thank you And I understand your hesitation on purchasing site unseen as I shot in the dark as well when I purchased this one.
I think you're right the more I handle it the more I'm impressed with it honestly. Also the fit and finish on this particular knife is pretty remarkable. Tight and smooth where it counts with good action. I'm happy with it.

I picked this one up a couple of weeks ago from a friend and am just now getting around to posting it. It is a Case XX 6275SP "moose" with "red bone" covers. The "SP" designates the spey blade. The steel is CV and the liners and pins are nickel silver. The Case XX tang stamp dates from 1940 to 1964, but according to Steve Pfeiffer's book "The long-pull versions were made early in the Case XX years and are fairly rare." The pattern was discontinued at the end of 1990. The condition is a bit rough, but still a nice addition to my modest collection. My friend said he found it in an old shed. He is a knife maker but not a Case collector, so he was glad to send it to a good home for a very modest price.

49143844652_e8aac161fb_b.jpg

49143846247_0e32ffec75_b.jpg

^^^ Ace, very nice Moose!! :cool: Good thing your friend found it and that it's now in an appreciative home where it will receive the best of care. Excellent score, looks great! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Here's a half Whittler after a light tea bath.
KtMKmEy.jpg

Just needed to be toned down a bit and now I love it's color.

Back