Let's see your Traditional Case knives, old to new.

Received an email from Case wishing Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. I thought I would post the picture from the email for everyone and thank Case for the nice knives I've purchased this year. All well made and enjoyed!

CaseHolidayGreeting2019.jpg

I'm going to be lazy and just ask for help :
Is there a particularly good post (maybe in this thread) or thread devoted to showing the Case Patriotic (American Flag) editions ?
There is an event coming up that I want to celebrate by buying a Case Patriotic. I will probably get a Teardrop but I suppose a Backpocket could be a contender (if they had ever made one; I can't find one for sale or listed anywhere). A swayback could scratch the itch to. I would prefer a Wharncliffe blade but I believe from what I have seen that is just wishful thinking.

Another question : So the flag colors are always just on one side right ?
Have they ever offered the Red, White and Blue on both sides ?

Thanks

Howdy "Gang"!!!! All of you or at least most of you know that I favor Case Knives pretty much over all other brands of knives. I've had or collected Case Knives since about 1948. If you go back through this thread you'l find pictures of many of the Case Knives I've owned. Circumstances of late have pushed me to pass on, sale, or otherwise thin my Case Knife collection. The knives pictured in the following picture are all of the Case Knives I have left and are the ones I'll always keep.

MIDDLE - Top to Bottom: 6265 Folding Hunter, 6292 Texas Jack, 1199 Whaler, 7254 Equestrian, 6139 Single Blade Sowbelly (U.S. Navy embellished)
LEFT to RIGHT - TB3139 CV Single Blade Sowbelly, TB3139 CV Single Blade Sowbelly, TB3339 CV Sowbelly, TB3339 SS Sowbelly, 3137 Sod Buster Jr., 3220 Peanut, 3375 Large Trapper, 3347 SS Medium Stockman

G7FMGK3.jpg

As you can see, most of the knives I kept have Yellow Composition Covers. They just speak Case to me.

Howdy "Gang"!!!! All of you or at least most of you know that I favor Case Knives pretty much over all other brands of knives. I've had or collected Case Knives since about 1948. If you go back through this thread you'l find pictures of many of the Case Knives I've owned. Circumstances of late have pushed me to pass on, sale, or otherwise thin my Case Knife collection. The knives pictured in the following picture are all of the Case Knives I have left and are the ones I'll always keep.

MIDDLE - Top to Bottom: 6265 Folding Hunter, 6292 Texas Jack, 1199 Whaler, 7254 Equestrian, 6139 Single Blade Sowbelly (U.S. Navy embellished)
LEFT to RIGHT - TB3139 CV Single Blade Sowbelly, TB3139 CV Single Blade Sowbelly, TB3339 CV Sowbelly, TB3339 SS Sowbelly, 3137 Sod Buster Jr., 3220 Peanut, 3375 Large Trapper, 3347 SS Medium Stockman

G7FMGK3.jpg

As you can see, most of the knives I kept have Yellow Composition Covers. They just speak Case to me.
Very nice group. Those Yellow TB3339 CV’s are hard to find now.

G7FMGK3.jpg

I'd say you've kept the quintessential patterns of what someone would think if you said "Case pocket knife" I would add the Whaler has caught my eye, how does it compare size wise to the '19 forum knife?

Misplaced Hillbilly Misplaced Hillbilly -

The 2019 Forum Knife and the GEC 933119 Rams Head are virtually the same knife with the exception of the differently ground blades. I have gifted my 2019 Forum Knife to a forum member so here is a picture of the 93 Rams Head and the Whaler. The only difference is that the Whaler is 1/2" Longer than the Rams Head.

e2KG7M3.jpg

Modoc ED Modoc ED
Thanks, it's definitely a pattern I'll be looking into. I have a much worn 11031 and having a big brother to it would be neat. Also I find it interesting that when we found out the forum knife was called a sailors knife their was some confusion if it was of the right type. Interesting that Case made virtually the same pattern called a Whaler,neither knife I feel would look out of place on the deck of a ship at the turn of the century.

Misplaced Hillbilly Misplaced Hillbilly -

The 2019 Forum Knife and the GEC 933119 Rams Head are virtually the same knife with the exception of the differently ground blades. I have gifted my 2019 Forum Knife to a forum member so here is a picture of the 93 Rams Head and the Whaler. The only difference is that the Whaler is 1/2" Longer than the Rams Head.

e2KG7M3.jpg
That is a close match. I have a 11301 SH which i thought was similar to the latest 86 Blade Forum knife. (Sorry about the terrible indoor picture)
iMBIMVd.jpg

Last edited:
Back