Let's talk about Blade 2016

I thought it might be a good idea for all of us that are going to Blade to have a thread in which to post pics, talk about our experience and commiserate about the knife that got away.

The show starts tomorrow, and I am sitting in my hotel room across the freeway from where the show will be held. There is not much going on here, but I did find a GREAT restaurant just down the street. Tacos La Villa, 2415 Cobb Pkwy, Smyrna, GA 30080 is AWESOME! I just polished off 8 of their tacos and a bottle of Mexican Coke for less than $13. If you want delicious and cheap, this is a great place.

See you all tomorrow!!

I thought it might be a good idea for all of us that are going to Blade to have a thread in which to post pics, talk about our experience and commiserate about the knife that got away.

The show starts tomorrow, and I am sitting in my hotel room across the freeway from where the show will be held. There is not much going on here, but I did find a GREAT restaurant just down the street. Tacos La Villa, 2415 Cobb Pkwy, Smyrna, GA 30080 is AWESOME! I just polished off 8 of their tacos and a bottle of Mexican Coke for less than $13. If you want delicious and cheap, this is a great place.

See you all tomorrow!!
What hotel? I'm in comfort Inn, Smyrna. Got a bottle of wine and don't mind sharing

Wish I was there!! Have a great time everybody who was able to make it!!

I would be interested to here what other makers you all will be looking for or find there that really impress you. Pics of the Fiddleback table are a must!!

There is a 19 year old, Liam Hoffman who makes some pretty neat axes and knives who will have a table there. I would check his table out if I were there.

So far this has been a blast!! Andy and Allen have some great knives available. The network here sucks, so no pics until later.

Just got back from Blade and boy are my eyes tired. :D

This was my first time there and I only had a Friday ticket. I also wasn't able to stay all day but it was still worth going. The show is just incredible. Andy, Allen, Chris, Adam and Dylan all had amazing work displayed. I felt like I needed a drool cup. :D There were all kinds of dealer booths as well as production companies and individual makers. Lots of buy, sell, trade tables as well. I had an early bird ticket so I was lucky enough to get to Allen's table quickly and snag a beautiful Outlander. Pics will definitely be posted when I get home. :thumbup:

It was great to get to meet all the Fiddleback guys as well as several forum members. It was honestly a bit overwhelming with all the names and such but awesome just the same.

There was one other table that jumped out at me and that was a Danish knife maker named Michael West. My fiancé literally stopped dead in her tracks when she saw his table and yanked me over to it to check out his work. Definitely check his work out if you get a chance. :thumbup:

I also got to handle Andy's new Sirupate and, well, just wow! I was actually nervous holding it in the middle of the aisle. I felt like if I held it horizontal I'd accidentally stick someone walking by. I was just standing there holding it point up with[ my jaw on the floor! There was also another unbelievable knife on the FF table. Apparently a Bow Legged Chopper went a little wrong and what Andy did to fix it was just amazing. A total one off.

Sad part of it all was that I was too busy gawking at everything that I never once thought to take pictures. :grumpy:

Also, if my better half wasn't there I'd be figuring out how to pay my mortgage instead of typing this post. :D

So... like Onedog said, the whole day was pretty overwhelming. The knives at the Fiddleback table were just awesome. Combine that with the rest of the show, and by the time I left at 4 my head was spinning.

It was great to meet a few other forum members at the Fiddleback table, and I am looking forward to meeting more on Saturday night. It was also great to meet Allen, Phillp and Andy in person for the first time.

Still a little out of it after being sick last week, so I called it a day somewhat early and decided to pass on this evenings festivities. I am going to rest up and hit it again tomorrow!!

Here is a pic of the table at around 4 this afternoon:

ugkm98x.jpg
[/IMG]

Nice meeting you today.
It's been an awesome show
I'll try to post some Bog Oak pics ;)

Thanks for sharing guys! For those of us that couldn't make it, the pics and posts are really cool!! I am digging the bolstered arete 6 from top row left!

If the Kephart in the photo below is still available and somebody at Blade is willing to buddy shark it for me, I'd be very grateful!

IMG_7099-vi.jpg

if my dream bog oak Handyman with black pins is still around will somebody pls pick it up for me? Chances are zero but not giving up... same goes for the Koa KEB...wish i could be there!

if my dream bog oak Handyman with black pins is still around will somebody pls pick it up for me? Chances are zero but not giving up... same goes for the Koa KEB...wish i could be there!
It's coming home with me finally scored some bog oak!
I'll post epic pic later
I will look for the KE Bushie in the AM for ya

Back