Let's talk EDC, and BK&T knives that fit that role.

Love that mod, Derek. My issue with the BK-smalls is that I prefer more handle, less blade. You solved that neatly. For me, 2.75-3" is a perfect EDC blade length. Pretty much a fixed version of a folder, usually with a better handle-to-blade ratio (though Spyderco has that licked). I think it was Hawk or Dex who super-mod'd a BK-11 down to a little two-finger EDC. That was another brilliant setup.
dex.

I usually EDC a folder day-to-day, but really like carrying fixed blades sometimes. I have 2 fixed blades that I carry in that role:

1. Bark River North Country EDC
2. BK14, stripped, with zytel scales and custom azwelke sheath.

Recently, I've been leaving my BK14 in my messenger bag at all times even though I usually have a folder in my pocket.

I'm really liking the vzgrips the more I look at yours!
I believe the 5 and VZs are a perfect match. Just the right amount of junk in the trunk and the grip is like GRIP. The knife stays planted in your hand. :D Wish they had more color options :thumbsup:

Not EDC in any way, but you've got me thinking about a set of VZ's for the 4.
It's the only (non duplicate) one left with grivory.

I'm an office money so it's all traditional folders, no Becker EDC.

Ive got a bK24 with g10 handles that I often use. For me though a one hand opening folder with a pocket clip is my EDC. I like both Spyderco Manix and Native series.

at least 5 of 7 days a week I have my bk11 in my pocket and my 15 in my lunch box. my bk3 is in my pack. most of the time I only have to carry it from the house to the car, and from the car to my desk.
if i'm out on foot on the weekend, i'll normally leave it at home. I only rarely need to cut through a dodge Omni on the trails by my house.

at least 5 of 7 days a week I have my bk11 in my pocket and my 15 in my lunch box. my bk3 is in my pack. most of the time I only have to carry it from the house to the car, and from the car to my desk.
if i'm out on foot on the weekend, i'll normally leave it at home. I only rarely need to cut through a dodge Omni on the trails by my house.

Versatile combo!

it works for lunch, or getting lunch from a locked container of some sort. either way, lunch is what it's all about.

Not currently, but the 14 was my everyday companion for a few years.

H3VLScwh.jpg

A little small, wouldn't you say?
I just picked up another bk20, so looks like my neck knife role will be filled now...

Back