Lets talk GEC!

I have no idea what Bill Howard is going to do. My guess is Mustang, 47 vipers, then the rattler knife.

47's make sense because of the proximity to the 74's, and so does a new type of knife because of the Massauga hint. Do you think it's really going to be two different "snake themed" knives? What am I missing here?

I have no idea what Bill Howard is going to do. My guess is Mustang, 47 vipers, then the rattler knife.

I was under the impression that the 47/snake knife was just one knife, not separate patterns. Don't know where I got that impression though lol.

But, yes, I wouldn't hang my hat on a clip point 74 anytime soon. Think I'm going to pass on the 74s to see what the next one is. I've spent too much on beard rakes lately.

47's make sense because of the proximity to the 74's, and so does a new type of knife because of the Massauga hint. Do you think it's really going to be two different "snake themed" knives? What am I missing here?
Yes, my guess is two different snake knives. There has been 2 snakes in both the hints and they were very sure to tell use that it was a Massauga rattler. The smallest rattler btw.

Oh boy. I was planning on sitting these out but living in Arizona it might be tough to not grab one in arizona ironwood. GEC really knows how to hook me. Anyone have a photo of an ironwood GEC they can post? I'm not familiar with the handle material.

Oh boy. I was planning on sitting these out but living in Arizona it might be tough to not grab one in arizona ironwood. GEC really knows how to hook me. Anyone have a photo of an ironwood GEC they can post? I'm not familiar with the handle material.

JG7diD9.jpg

Here's a bit of a thought - I don't think it common for Ironwood to be used on GEC's general runs. It usually is used in SFOs or in the case of the #46, short runs. I find it pretty neat that they are offering it on this run - it is going to make for a great looking knife.

I have never seen or come across a piece of Ironwood that I didn't like.

Here is another pic I found of mine from a ways back.

8K9rBMr.jpg

Another set of beautiful ironwood, especially those lambsfoots. I still have a lambsfoot on my list of must haves. You've convinced me though, I'm going to join the scramble to try and snag one. I also wonder if there is a difference between their Arizona Ironwood and Desert Ironwood. Doing some research i found a wood supplier called Arizona Ironwood which have some really nice looking pieces of wood.

Back