Lets talk GEC!

I have one of these on the way. I'm so excited for it. Your 86 is my current favorite and I'm looking forward to having the matching shields. I'll have to track down a camp knife next.

They do make for a rather striking pair.

bHrjHhw.jpg

Another great accomplishment by the talented Cutlery Crew at GEC!! An Historical blade shape, Rope-detailed Bolster and Bail, and some of the greatest Bone jigging in modern Times!!:eek:
How did I deserve to SFO this great Knife??:rolleyes:
I am ever grateful;)View attachment 1435469 View attachment 1435470 View attachment 1435471

Those were definitely something special, Charlie! :thumbsup:

YuLFZak.jpg

I love the jigging on those rope knives. I hope GEC runs it again one of these days.

Another great accomplishment by the talented Cutlery Crew at GEC!! An Historical blade shape, Rope-detailed Bolster and Bail, and some of the greatest Bone jigging in modern Times!!:eek:
How did I deserve to SFO this great Knife??:rolleyes:
I am ever grateful;)View attachment 1435469 View attachment 1435470 View attachment 1435471
The Jigging on that bone will be talked about for generations of knife knuts to come Charlie no question. It just happens I started buying ,selling & collecting GEC's right around the time these got announced. I can remember going to the newly discovered by me at least Great Eastern Cutlery Website and seeing all the Rope knives being advertised. If my memory serves me right there was a way you could open up and look through several pages on the GEC Magazine that you only get to see the cover of now. I often wonder why they changed that set up I really liked it.

The Jigging on that bone will be talked about for generations of knife knuts to come Charlie no question. It just happens I started buying ,selling & collecting GEC's right around the time these got announced. I can remember going to the newly discovered by me at least Great Eastern Cutlery Website and seeing all the Rope knives being advertised. If my memory serves me right there was a way you could open up and look through several pages on the GEC Magazine that you only get to see the cover of now. I often wonder why they changed that set up I really liked it.
They have never done a "magazine". Only the cover.

They have never done a "magazine". Only the cover.
Wow I guess I must of got it mix up with something else. I could of sworn I saw multiple pages with both Charlie's SFO and the different versions done in raguler runs. Oh well it's not the first time I've been dead wrong and it most definitely won't be the last lol. Thanks for the Info Mark I appreciate it. :D

Wow I guess I must of got it mix up with something else. I could of sworn I saw multiple pages with both Charlie's SFO and the different versions done in raguler runs. Oh well it's not the first time I've been dead wrong and it most definitely won't be the last lol. Thanks for the Info Mark I appreciate it. :D
They have a Knife Releases section on their site with poster style images. For instance:

https://greateasterncutlery.net/blog/patterns/15-huckleberry-boys-knife/

Maybe that's what you saw?

Sorry, I should have said that differently. I've never seen anything more than the cover.
Thanks, my friend.:thumbsup:

Curious about the guitar shield, I see a knife here and there with it but how common are they? I might have missed out but have they used it recently? I started my GEC collection in ‘15 with a 15 and I haven’t seen it used on anything, but then again I’m not a die hard collector either.
I’d really like to get one, (or more for family) at some point in remembrance of my late father. He loved playing his guitar, and we all have fond memories of him doing so. Ideally it would be a Maverick, as he had an old car of the same name that always spoke fondly of. But any pattern would be great.
Do they typically do a bunch with it or is it one of the ones they only throw out a few of in a run?
Any ideas when they might use it again?
Thnx.

Curious about the guitar shield, I see a knife here and there with it but how common are they? I might have missed out but have they used it recently? I started my GEC collection in ‘15 with a 15 and I haven’t seen it used on anything, but then again I’m not a die hard collector either.
I’d really like to get one, (or more for family) at some point in remembrance of my late father. He loved playing his guitar, and we all have fond memories of him doing so. Ideally it would be a Maverick, as he had an old car of the same name that always spoke fondly of. But any pattern would be great.
Do they typically do a bunch with it or is it one of the ones they only throw out a few of in a run?
Thnx.
If can't find a GEC with a guitar shield, there's a couple Case guitar shield trappers around, I think from some store that's on a hill that's red. It was made special for a tour event with a country music theme.

gec-shields
Thnx.

Thnx.

https://thumbs.worthpoint.com/zoom/...dioute_1_27d4eb2c26836e9726b2afa7a3315ee0.jpg

This link will take you to a pic of a #26 run in 2010 called the Polar Ice Tango with guitar shield.

I haven't posted much here. Still trying to figure out how to use it. Like posting a picture LOL.

I know about the GEC link for shields they use, wondering about how many of the guitar they have used on runs and how often? And if anyone has any insider info on the next time they might be using it?
I took a look at the Case ones but the shield doesn’t look very nice, plus they are glued not pinned. Also I have no idea who the musician is and despise country music so those are out, thanks though.

Back