Lets talk GEC!

Welcome to the Porch my friend .

Harry

Harry,
It's such a nice porch. I hope we may all meet again this August. The porch is where we share happiness and sadness, it is where we meet old friends and welcome new friends. And along the way, if we are lucky, we introduce and invite a younger generation to carry on a timeless tradition. Character and quality are key milestones to success. I look forward to sharing smiles again. Thanks so much.

QUOTE=mckgreg,
"Bought this fella when GEC first started crankin' them out. It's the only one I own. The etching on the back of the master blade is all but gone but you can still make out 1 of 50."
Greg

orig.jpg
I love seeing those earlier Harness Knives!! Nice one @mcgreg !!
Bill made those at the same time as he filled my order of the same pattern!
My HJ4s/5s
HJ4s 1.jpg HJ4s 2.jpg HJ4s 3.jpg

Harry,
It's such a nice porch. I hope we may all meet again this August. The porch is where we share happiness and sadness, it is where we meet old friends and welcome new friends. And along the way, if we are lucky, we introduce and invite a younger generation to carry on a timeless tradition. Character and quality are key milestones to success. I look forward to sharing smiles again. Thanks so much.
Well said my friend .

Harry

That's pretty Cool Charlie. Remember how the cigar frame was our only choice in GEC's beginning?
I still use this fella from time to time. I put a pretty wicked edge on it. I'm talkin' scary.
Greg

Tried like heck to get one of the stag 47's in this recent run. No luck of course. Every distributor is sold out in 3 minutes. Shed the depression by packing this user from 2016 run. Remember when you could buy two? One to collect and one to use?
50833646146_6f253544ca_m.jpg

Last edited:
What’s up everyone? I’m new to the knife world and this site. It seems like trying to buy these GECs is a full time job! I missed the lottery yesterday and the email today. Guess I’d better add some more avenues. Looking forward to learning more with y’all and growing my little collection!
Best,
Ray

Welcome to the Porch Ray!..... It's a great place to talk knives.....

I have about 70 or so GECs I have collected over the years that have been oiled and put back in the tubes like this #36 from 2012. Inasmuch as it is getting almost impossible to add to the collection, I have about decided to let most of it go. Some go back to '08. I have purchased a knife from here a while back but have not found it really all that easy to work with for those of us you guys call noobs. I just figured out how to post pics. Would like some input on how to use a PP account with transactions here. Any help would be appreciated. I guess I could always go to EBAY.
50832961508_4c79ce2198_m.jpg

I have about 70 or so GECs I have collected over the years that have been oiled and put back in the tubes like this #36 from 2012. Inasmuch as it is getting almost impossible to add to the collection, I have about decided to let most of it go. Some go back to '08. I have purchased a knife from here a while back but have not found it really all that easy to work with for those of us you guys call noobs. I just figured out how to post pics. Would like some input on how to use a PP account with transactions here. Any help would be appreciated. I guess I could always go to EBAY.
50832961508_4c79ce2198_m.jpg
Looking forward to seeing some of your collection! PayPal is pretty simple. You just need to set up an account and everything is done through the email you use to set it up.

What sort of help do you want? Do you have a paypal account already? I'm not a mod but I suspect this is the wrong place to talk about this.
If you want to sell here you will need to upgrade your account to Gold https://www.bladeforums.com/pember/membership-new

Rules for the exchange are here: https://www.bladeforums.com/help/exchange-rules/

If you do start selling I suggest you only use the Goods and Service payment option rather than Friends and Family.
Stick with selling to people that have some positive feedback.

That's pretty Cool Charlie. Remember how the cigar frame was our only choice in GEC's beginning?
I still use this fella from time to time. I put a pretty wicked edge on it. I'm talkin' scary.
Greg
GEC makes some great knives with good steel!
My first GEC Barlow gets sharpened maybe 2 times per year, yet it's my most carried! It's nice to see that knife you have being used, Greg!!
I do remember when there were few patterns! I used to nag Bill all the time to do more and different ones!!

Last edited:
GEC makes some great knives with good steel!
My first GEC Barlow gets sharpened maybe 2 times per year, yet it's my most carried! It's nice to see that knife you have being used, Greg!!

only 2 times per year?! I love 1095, I think it’s great stuff, but I’d have a blunt hunk of steel in 6 months!

#74 “Stallion.” These had a clip blade, as opposed to the recent “Mustangs” with a drop point blade. The concurrent SFO was the “Heartland Clip.” The one pictured is in Spring Green. 748117
Sorry guys, still getting the hang of this. I was wondering what pattern was third from the bottom in the picture I quoted.
Sorry for the mess!

Last edited:
QUOTE=mckgreg,
"Bought this fella when GEC first started crankin' them out. It's the only one I own. The etching on the back of the master blade is all but gone but you can still make out 1 of 50."
Greg

orig.jpg
I love seeing those earlier Harness Knives!! Nice one @mcgreg !!
My HJ4s/5s
View attachment 1490545 View attachment 1490546 View attachment 1490547
That stag Harness Jack is just amazing. Well they both are!

Back