Lets talk GEC!

I didn’t see them or the serrated blade edge either! :rolleyes::p I would love to buy more GEC knives but I always seem to be late to the party. Good for them but not so good for me, well, I guess it does save me money.;)
Sparkles, I think it's missing more than a serrated edge, a glass breaker and seat belt cutter...
... I just can't think of what...

Theres a lot of history in the remington bullet knives. They did a lot for the industry in america. Id say bill likes to pay tribute to that history. With the quick rebirth of remington, it looks like they may be contracting gec for their bullet knives, great for both companies. Not so good for those that are collectors of bullet knives, as the new productions havent been that hard to get.

Knives and guns go together as they are the guy things. Id like to guess that bill has an affinity for guns as well knives. I cant help but think of his plum covers of the 47 and 74 as a tribute to the ak. Though im not aware how “mustang” or “viper” figure into that (maybe viper due to phonetic relation to the russian vepr). But im possibly just reading into it too much.

A few of the other gun brands have modern folders made by hogue. They are high quality. While some other companies have cheap gas station knives made. Remingtons bullet knives are traditional and they are a tradition.

Remington actually manufactured knives (1919 until 1940 or so; I'm not absolutely certain about the dates) Then they contracted with well respected cutlers like Camillus and Schrade to produce Remington-branded pocketknives. So there's some knife history and nostalgia that goes into it.
Absolutely :thumbsup: Remington made some of the highest quality knives in the 1920s, its Bullet or Cartridge knives were very well received at the time and are major items of collector interest.

w4Mmtx0.jpg

The proposed GEC 73 is a homage to these times and knives- it will likely be a very sought after item and be valued accordingly...

As for all the talk about RR and other gun names, I believe RR or the owners have a major hand in the current Colt themed Traditionals. Quality and finish is good but the taste/aesthetics are more debatable.

dDwI33o.jpg

Last edited:
Absolutely :thumbsup: Remington made some of the highest quality knives in the 1920s, its Bullet or Cartridge knives were very well received at the time and are major items of collector interest.

w4Mmtx0.jpg

The proposed GEC 73 is a homage to these times and knives- it will likely be a very sought after item and be valued accordingly...

As for all the talk about RR and other gun names, I believe RR or the owners have a major hand in the current Colt themed Traditionals. Quality and finish is good but the taste/aesthetics are more debatable.

dDwI33o.jpg
Oh! Now that is a very nice looking gunstock pattern!

From what I understand, this will be Bill Howard's FIRST Remington branded knife..... ever! GEC or otherwise.

It's coming in the fall and is a special factory order for Blue Ridge Knives, a wholesale ONLY knife distributor. Apparently they have the rights to the Remington name on this sfo. I believe there will be a substantial number made, and GEC is allowing Blue Ridge this sfo with the caveat that they also allot part of the run to regular GEC distributors that are interested.

I don't have any other details but be assured it will be a future collectable of high standing, as I'm sure the quality will be outstanding.

73 Remington[19997].jpg

I think the shield on this knife represents a .35 Remington cartridge. The recent run of 23's shield looks more like a .45-70 cartridge.

What say you?

From what I understand, this will be Bill Howard's FIRST Remington branded knife..... ever! GEC or otherwise.

It's coming in the fall and is a special factory order for Blue Ridge Knives, a wholesale ONLY knife distributor. Apparently they have the rights to the Remington name on this sfo. I believe there will be a substantial number made, and GEC is allowing Blue Ridge this sfo with the caveat that they also allot part of the run to regular GEC distributors that are interested.

I don't have any other details but be assured it will be a future collectable of high standing, as I'm sure the quality will be outstanding.

View attachment 1568662

Thanks for the answer Barry to the question I asked a page or so ago. There'll be a scramble for them for sure.

View attachment 1568662
Which dealers use Blue Ridge as a distributor?

If you have the necessary retail paperwork and licenses, anyone can buy from Blue Ridge. They used to have GEC in stock occasionally until about a year ago but there is a mark-up on the distributor price so most regular GEC dealers don't buy from them I suppose. Haven't seen any GEC stock there for some time.

Back