Lets talk GEC!

Incredible knife! First one I've seen with those covers. Ever see one of these come up on the secondary market?
These just dropped, and not all GEC dealers have even gotten their allotment yet, so I'd imagine not.

Last edited:
View attachment 1649520View attachment 1649521View attachment 1649522View attachment 1649523

Here they are just before polishing. I sure hope those reddish colors pop under the buffing wheel! The bolsters are the best I have ever seen from GEC. Although I like bolster stamps on Barlows, a stamp would have been too much on this knife. Okay, I am going to call it..., this is the nicest Forum Knife of them all!
I've been wondering about the saw cut being less... uh... how do you say... saw-cutty? less kerfy? less toothy?

I know Bill was going to try to make that more pronounced- I wonder if the dye is sitting in the cuts and making them look more shallow? I also wonder if the buffing wheel is going to knock some of that stuff out of there?

They look dark, but like a dark brown. I'm digging these knives.

View attachment 1649520View attachment 1649521View attachment 1649522View attachment 1649523

Here they are just before polishing. I sure hope those reddish colors pop under the buffing wheel! The bolsters are the best I have ever seen from GEC. Although I like bolster stamps on Barlows, a stamp would have been too much on this knife. Okay, I am going to call it..., this is the nicest Forum Knife of them all!
Well be-still my heart! Those look amazing, can't wait to see the finished look if they already look this good!

This is what the trapper is for? Right?

QXSc5EEl.jpg
or this, especially when the trapper is a 23 (or 1123):F68963A3-ADA7-4C59-BD19-5A8FD7CE0CFD.jpeg

A vote for green in the what color brown thread sure makes a pretty red knife

Back