Lets talk GEC!

Yes, but for silly reasons I will not disclose. Let's just say hundreds....
this (successful) eager beaver was attempting from multiple devices.

Mike responded to my querry on facebook that these Tidioutes will likely be EZ open as well per his conversation with Chris at GEC. Seems like EZ open notch has become a standard feature of 85's. Would like to see some non-notched clip points produced again.

I’m really excited that the jigged bone SFO is going to be blood red. When it was first announced I was worried it would be a bright red.

You guys are so cryptic. Use a model number some time so we know what your talking about. 14? 85? 99? Something different?

edit... I finally see it was an 85.

Can't believe I have 5 85's on reserve, and others on standby. I'll probably keep 1 and sell the others on the forum at cost but I'll need a good explanation on how they missed out and love the 85!

I really do love the smooth rotten banana bone cover (and I'm still trying to find an improved trapper with them) I feel the banana shield is kind of gimmicky, so that's a smidgen disappointing. I'm still going to try to get one though.

I was able to digitally elbow my way in to the CK Reserve site and secure one. BTW, can there be any more innuendo packed into "jigged wood cherry beaver?"

With a Wall Street on reserve and this one, coupled with the GEC Harness jack I just bought on the exchange and a few eBay wins, I have to do some 'splainin to do. The wife will be wondering about the apparent revocation of my self imposed knife purchasing moratorium...

Can't believe I have 5 85's on reserve, and others on standby. I'll probably keep 1 and sell the others on the forum at cost but I'll need a good explanation on how they missed out and love the 85!
Congrats! But, please get a family photo of that bunch before you split them up!

What do you guys think about frontier dyed smooth Buffalo bone on the 85 sfo??

I have one reserved, but I’m not sure if I’ll like it.

That’s the downside these days to having only two minutes or less to make a reserve.

I'm sure the yellow banana bone will be cool, and the banana shield is great, but I just don't love the teardrop frame. I haven't held one, but it looks like a waste of handle length and unergonomic. But that's the nice thing, there's knives and patterns for all tastes!

Back