Lets talk GEC!

I think youre right...reading back through his comments he does specify the rams foot will be different. I misunderstood what Chris told me at the show...and stand corrected! :):thumbsup:

Well ... crap. I was hoping to get a lambsfoot 93. I guess it ain't over yet, but the odds just went way down.

It's been 9 years since we've seen the 89 Executive Whittler
NgI4W33.jpg

8 years since the 62 Courthouse Whittler
qLED8X1.jpg

6 years since the 33 Conductor Whittler
pktZwg1.jpg

We need a revival, Brother Bill!

I sure hope not, my wife collects also and has bought the Rendezvous knife when it appeals to her. We each have one of last years Whalers and we don't flip knives.

If I know anything about GEC, it's that they're not afraid to make exceptions. I don't think that they made this rule for you and your wife.

Anyone else ever notice that there are two different cap lifter designs on GECs? The bottom one is older.
Just thought it was interesting.
View attachment 1117935

I talked with someone at GEC about the caplifter. I might be misremembering, but I thought it was said that they designed one of them for the #98 Texas Camp Knife.

8 years and counting (and probably never again!) These sat on shelves longer than any other GEC ever made.
View attachment 1121691
And they way things usually turn out, it will eventually be the most valuable GEC of all! ;)

That's a whole lotta straight edges in one knife...

That's what I was thinking of. It has half stops, but rounded corners instead of full square. I really like that combo tool.

It's a great tool. I love that it both opens cans and lifts caps, so it combines two tools into one, allowing for the sheepsfoot secondary. And what a sheepsfoot it is.

I really like it when people reminisce about patterns that GEC keep firmly locked away, we've all got ones we need to see again.

I have a pretty fair collection of 68 White Owls but for some insane reason I never bought one in Spear :eek:o_O:poop: We all have idiocies we regret :D But I'd love to get hold of a Spear White Owl, any scales...

682211-rust-red.jpg

I have a pretty fair collection of 68 White Owls but for some insane reason I never bought one in Spear :eek:o_O:poop: We all have idiocies we regret :D But I'd love to get hold of a Spear White Owl, any scales...

682211-rust-red.jpg
Coincidentally, I've admired that particular model for a long time, since the knife and I have the same birthday anniversary date! ;):rolleyes:

- GT

It's been 9 years since we've seen the 89 Executive Whittler
NgI4W33.jpg

8 years since the 62 Courthouse Whittler
qLED8X1.jpg

6 years since the 33 Conductor Whittler
pktZwg1.jpg

We need a revival, Brother Bill!
It feels almost as though whittlers are a one-time deal on each frame. I'm not saying that's truth, it just seems like that to me. I'm with you all, though. I'd love to see several come back!

Does anyone have any info on the recently finished, I believe, F&F 65 fish knife. I thought I saw some pics a little while ago and I read about woodland muslin micarta, anyone ever seen it? Thanks in advance

Does anyone have any info on the recently finished, I believe, F&F 65 fish knife. I thought I saw some pics a little while ago and I read about woodland muslin micarta, anyone ever seen it? Thanks in advance
The #65 fish knife and the #47 (and probably that #72 hoof pick) that were in the production photos will most likely be available only at the upcoming GEC Rendezvous. Although I hope they change their mind :)
IMG_0005_1.jpg
72-hoof-pick.jpg

The Woodland Muslin Micatra H30 Hunter...
IMG_8264.jpg

Back