1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Lets talk GEC!

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by rockgolfer, Jun 23, 2013.

1. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    Maybe that's where all the recent Ramsfoot hints are coming from. :D

Fox79 likes this.
  2. Markeologist

Markeologist Basic Member Basic Member

Jul 21, 2018
    Great to see the original BEER BELLY again!! Thanks!!!

OtisCampbell and tmd_87 like this.
  3. black mamba

black mamba Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 21, 2009
    No, thank you! It just goes to show that anyone can have an inspired idea once in a while.

Travman likes this.
  4. L.H.S

L.H.S Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 1, 2013
    A nice sentiment, but I don't think BladeForums constitutes as much of the buying pool as one might think.

Ratbert and Norcaldude like this.
  5. ktataragasi

ktataragasi

May 26, 2019
    The 77 seems like it would be an amazing first barlow to own. It would be amazing to get one depending on what blade is offered.

tmd_87 likes this.
  6. Ramrodmb

Ramrodmb Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 9, 2010
    If memory serves the last 2 runs have been clip points. I would be surprised if it's clip for a third run in a row. I'm thinking spear but could be a Sheepsfoot.
    Or...... could it be a lambfoot Barlow??:eek: Doubtful:D

mb> and Fox79 like this.
  7. JohnDF

May 14, 2018
    I'm tellin' ya... It's going to be a Ramsfoot Barlow. ;):p:D

8. Ron Sabbagh

Ron Sabbagh Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 15, 1999
    It would make sense since the Ramsfoot is selling out in mere minutes.

OtisCampbell, Ramrodmb and JohnDF like this.
  9. Norcaldude

Norcaldude Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 19, 2014
    It might have been clips the last two times he's had these 77 SFOs done, but they also sold out very fast and the secondary for them is also very bullish. Clip point 77 barlows are a sure thing and I think he'll go with the sure thing.

Travman likes this.
  10. mb>

mb> Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 24, 2014
    I think you could put a hair comb in a 77 Barlow and it would still sell out in minutes.

11. Fox79

Fox79 Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 24, 2017
    Then I could have 77 comb Barlow right next to my switch blade comb.

We have a winner! Lol

mb> likes this.
  12. JohnDF

May 14, 2018
    Just sayin'... :D
    [​IMG]

13. Buzzbait

Buzzbait Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 25, 2001
    I'm not really sure if I would actually buy another 77 Barlow at this point in time. The clip/coping and spear/coping runs were so perfect for me, that I don't know if another blade configuration would even appeal to me. And I've got a few of each already. It would have to be something very novel and very useful. Maybe a lambsfoot main and a pen secondary? Better yet, a spear or clip main, and a cap lifter secondary. I'd be all over a 77 Beerlow.

Jonny D, cigarrodog, Pàdruig and 5 others like this.
  14. Ramrodmb

Ramrodmb Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 9, 2010
    True. But all those things also apply to the spears, sheepsfoots, etc. Every NF 77 Barlow ever produced has been, and I suspect will continue to be, a "sure thing".;)

Grail, for many!:D

cigarrodog likes this.
  15. TOM K.

TOM K. Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 22, 2016
    A 77 Beerlow would be incredible! Second to that I'm hoping for a single spear blade.

jdlawson3, Boxer .45 and JaxBaron like this.
  16. knifethetank

knifethetank Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 18, 2018
    How about a 77 single and double blade option, I would like to see a single blade spear but would also like a two blade with the main a spear.
    It would be nice if Mike still has some tiger maple wood, now that would be a sweet looking 77 Barlow

Travman and TOM K. like this.
  17. GE Jr

GE Jr Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 29, 2015
    Hope I'd be lucky enough to score one of Mike's 77 Barlows. It would also be nice if GEC would do a full run of 77 Jacks like they did a few years ago...but the upcoming run of similar-sized 86's makes me think that's not very likely.

Matt_WY likes this.
  18. Travman

Travman Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 26, 2016
    Maybe those NF bolsters are for a brand new NF Barlow based on the upcoming 86 pattern. It would be very similar to the 77 NF Barlows only bigger.

Ramrodmb, MerryMadMonk and JohnDF like this.
  19. JohnDF

May 14, 2018
    Now you're on to something... :cool: :thumbsup:

Ramrodmb and Travman like this.
  20. Ajd3530

Ajd3530

Jan 20, 2017
    I'm hoping this means from here on out, everybody gets a complimentary six pack of Shiner with the purchase of a knife.