Lets talk GEC!

Let's Talk GEC!

Winchester 3949 Sowbelly Stockman c.1989
Mb2ziL9.jpg

So, why in the heck would I post a Winchester?

This knife, part of the Black Box series, was made for Blue Grass Cutlery by Queen Cutlery. Bill Howard, while at Queen, oversaw the production of these knives.

In other words, Bill Howard has experience in building a Sowbelly Stockman.

Will we see a GEC rendering of this awesome pattern in 2019? 2020?

Something else to look forward to! Hopefully sooner than later!

I would sure like to see this, especially in stainless.

Have you seen these yet?

A surprise to be sure, but a welcome one. ;)

Mike Latham @knifeswapper confirmed on FB that this is happening...a little sooner than he anticipated.
If you read about his son, you'll know his hands are quite full at the moment and it would be best not to bombard him with emails, etc.
Otherwise, he did say he would probably use the normal notification system but did not offer any details to the 77 configuration yet. If I see anything I will pass it along here :thumbsup:

Maybe Rendezvous specials? People will be getting murdered in that line if so :p

Not Rendezvous Specials. Possibly they'll make some parts knives 77s.

Mike Latham @knifeswapper confirmed on FB that this is happening...a little sooner than he anticipated.
If you read about his son, you'll know his hands are quite full at the moment and it would be best not to bombard him with emails, etc.
Otherwise, he did say he would probably use the normal notification system but did not offer any details to the 77 configuration yet. If I see anything I will pass it along here :thumbsup:

Yeah that was my first thought. Not ideal timing. I hope it doesn't make things tougher on Mike.

The 77 has eluded me...really hoping I have a shot at one of these!
I kinda hope Mike does a lottery again. Fingers crossed for 2 blades!

Part of me wishes that Bladeforums regulars would get a tiny bit of preference but I don't really know how one would implement that.

I kinda hope Mike does a lottery again. Fingers crossed for 2 blades!

Part of me wishes that Bladeforums regulars would get a tiny bit of preference but I don't really know how one would implement that.

If he had an easy way to do that, why would he do it?

I don't think there is a single solution that Mike could offer that will make everyone happy. Personally, I thought the lottery that he did on the last run was perfect. However, it doesn't suit everyone and there was a fair amount of angst as a result. I suspect that he will run things as he has already outlined on his website unless he opts to change it up again.

I am excited that he is doing another run of Northfield Barlows. That excitement is tempered somewhat by his family's troubles, I certainly hope that there is some good news on that front in the not so distant future.

His last run produced a pretty perfect knife, in my opinion. A 2-blade with red sawcut bone... It can't get much better than that for me. I am looking forward to seeing what he has in mind for this upcoming run.

This is good news about the 77, it's definitely a knife to have. The majority of my collection are Barlows or EO's from different makers but the NF 77 Barlow is probably my favorite next to the 85EO, I'm thankful that I have a handful of 77's users and collectors but I paid a premium for all of them. It would be nice to get in on this run, it gets harder to dig into the pocket when retired but I still do, lol wish you all luck.

Reactions: mb>
I’m really curious what blade type and configuration on this 77 run. I’m thinking maybe some single blade clips but it’s only a guess.

Back