1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer 1034A1 Gingrich Bush Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Lets talk GEC!

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by rockgolfer, Jun 23, 2013.

1. Kiro

Kiro Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 17, 2017
    Whaaaaa...

tmd_87 likes this.
  2. Kiro

Kiro Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 17, 2017
    "Upcoming run of 77 Northfield Barlows" Hoping for a single blade, personally.

3. Ramrodmb

Ramrodmb Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 9, 2010
    Anyone on Facebook have any info? Last time that is where they were announced.

tmd_87 likes this.
  4. mb>

mb> Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 24, 2014
    Wow. Almost wished they’d make something I hate next just to take a buying break! Almost. The frenzy for these will make it a crapshoot anyway.

5. Terdl76

Terdl76 Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 6, 2013
    The lambsfoot 93, the Cocobolo 93, the humpback 29 and now this?!? My wallet is going to take a beating this year

6. L.H.S

L.H.S Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 1, 2013
    I would sure like to see this, especially in stainless.

A surprise to be sure, but a welcome one. ;)

7. rbeggs

rbeggs Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 8, 2013
    Oh wow!

OtisCampbell likes this.
  8. Norcaldude

Norcaldude Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 19, 2014
    Maybe Rendezvous specials? People will be getting murdered in that line if so :p

JohnDF and tmd_87 like this.
  9. waverave

waverave Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jun 7, 2018
    Mike Latham @knifeswapper confirmed on FB that this is happening...a little sooner than he anticipated.
    If you read about his son, you'll know his hands are quite full at the moment and it would be best not to bombard him with emails, etc.
    Otherwise, he did say he would probably use the normal notification system but did not offer any details to the 77 configuration yet. If I see anything I will pass it along here :thumbsup:

10. tmd_87

tmd_87 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 29, 2016
    Hoping these 77s land in the hands of people who really want one! Or...who have never had one! I have two, used to have four. Probably the perfect traditional knife due to its size.

Shock_, Ramrodmb, mb> and 1 other person like this.
  11. L.H.S

L.H.S Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 1, 2013
    Not Rendezvous Specials. Possibly they'll make some parts knives 77s.

Yeah that was my first thought. Not ideal timing. I hope it doesn't make things tougher on Mike.

Cutfinger likes this.
  12. waverave

waverave Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jun 7, 2018
    The 77 has eluded me...really hoping I have a shot at one of these!

13. tmd_87

tmd_87 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 29, 2016
    I wish you luck!!

Kiteman72 and waverave like this.
  14. Ajd3530

Ajd3530

Jan 20, 2017
    I, too, have never had the pleasure of holding/having a 77. Let alone a 77 barlow

tmd_87 likes this.
  15. Kiteman72

Kiteman72 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 22, 2015
    I kinda hope Mike does a lottery again. Fingers crossed for 2 blades!

Part of me wishes that Bladeforums regulars would get a tiny bit of preference but I don't really know how one would implement that.

16. Norcaldude

Norcaldude Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 19, 2014
    If he had an easy way to do that, why would he do it?

17. Kiteman72

Kiteman72 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 22, 2015
    I can't even begin to speculate on why anyone would do anything really.

Just a bit of selfish wishing on my part is all.

Norcaldude likes this.
  18. Pàdruig

Pàdruig Live and Let Die Platinum Member

Dec 1, 2016
    I don't think there is a single solution that Mike could offer that will make everyone happy. Personally, I thought the lottery that he did on the last run was perfect. However, it doesn't suit everyone and there was a fair amount of angst as a result. I suspect that he will run things as he has already outlined on his website unless he opts to change it up again.

I am excited that he is doing another run of Northfield Barlows. That excitement is tempered somewhat by his family's troubles, I certainly hope that there is some good news on that front in the not so distant future.

His last run produced a pretty perfect knife, in my opinion. A 2-blade with red sawcut bone... It can't get much better than that for me. I am looking forward to seeing what he has in mind for this upcoming run.

19. knifethetank

knifethetank Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 18, 2018
    This is good news about the 77, it's definitely a knife to have. The majority of my collection are Barlows or EO's from different makers but the NF 77 Barlow is probably my favorite next to the 85EO, I'm thankful that I have a handful of 77's users and collectors but I paid a premium for all of them. It would be nice to get in on this run, it gets harder to dig into the pocket when retired but I still do, lol wish you all luck.

mb> likes this.
  20. Fox79

Fox79 Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 24, 2017
    I’m really curious what blade type and configuration on this 77 run. I’m thinking maybe some single blade clips but it’s only a guess.