Lets talk GEC!

Regrettably I failed to get in on the 77s. But I did get my dubs in for the 92s. Wondering if shields will be put on the stags?

borrcibm.jpg

I think about that sometimes. Especially when talking to Randy at GEC. The dude will show up on Saturday for the Rendezvous, on his day off, just to chat with people before the picnic. Knowing people love and enjoy the work you do must add so much enjoyment to your professional life.
I think about it, too. I have a friend who did sheetrock/drywall repairs. He said that if he were the very best in the world at his craft the only result is that the customer can't see the seam. No one ever complimented his artistry. :(

Yes
Edit: sorry I’m being sarcastic, there’s a good chance they’re just waiting to get dyed and jigged but you never know.
Looks like you were right! Some kind of double jigged rust red bone, judging from the new pictures up on the site!!
Not bad... not bad...

Edit: it’s “jigged”, not “hugged” you stupid phone!

Last edited:
I love GEC #93 Ram/Lambs foot knives. The #93 Lambs foot peach-seed dark chestnut wavy jigged has the best feel of any knife that I have ever held in my only left hand. My two oily creek bone #93s , are my favorite. The flared heal of the knife bone , sets off the whole thing. My blue camel bone #93 is waiting for it's #92 camel bone brother. I bought the #93 Tidioute ram foot natural micarta knife, today. I will pop it with navy blue leather dye. I pester GEC , all of the time. I want GEC to do another #93 run next year. The #93 would make great club knives for 2020. I want a Northfield Rams Foot #93 in Barky Rams Horn with no shield. I'll have number 8 #93 in my collection soon.

Last edited:
A GEC Dealer posted a batch of #93 Rams foot knives today. I had to borrow some cash from mother. I jumped in the truck and I went to the bank. I ordered a #93 Tidioute Rams foot natural canvas micarta knife. These knives must of been Rendezvous 2019 left overs. I am going to pop my canvas knife with Navy Blue leather dye. It has been a great surprise buying day.

Anyone seen those sweet Tidioute #92’s in the “what’s happening” pics? Looks like it is a red jigged bone with Orleans shields. Looks really handsome!

Anyone seen those sweet Tidioute #92’s in the “what’s happening” pics? Looks like it is a red jigged bone with Orleans shields. Looks really handsome!

I hear ya. I didn't reserve that or the stag but am having second thoughts. I finally could afford real food again after the 93 run - looks like it's beanie weanies this fall!

Back