Lets talk GEC!

Souper bone on that rarity Ron:cool::thumbsup:
Thank you Will. I was fortunate to actually be able to pick between several to make my choice! :)

Wow! That one is very impressive. The soupy-ness of yours is outstanding. Thanks for the update. I knew I could count on someone here to know.
Thanks for the compliment Travis. The updated totals are listed below. :)

Heart be still, that is absolutely stunning!! I thought I read sometime back that there were just three of those TC Beerlows made for the 2015 Rendezvous...obviously could be wrong...never trust what you read on the internet. Thanks for sharing. Here is my 2015 Rendezvous special (I was not there), one of ten, only three of which were in red sawcut bone. Even though I own and the quest is over, it is still a grail:

upload_2020-2-28_10-32-4-jpeg.1292629
Thanks for the compliment! I remember those Beer Scouts well. I could have probably bought one of each variation they had at the time. They are beautiful knives. I actually don’t own any with the Beer Scout Knife shield. :)

GEC Rendezvous Special TC Barlows:

#153215 Amber Soupbone sheep foot and cap lifter - tube marked CNRFCL 9 pcs. no serial numbers

(Green Eggs and Ham Label) "A New Day" etch Spey Blade with long pull single blade:

#154115 Amber Soup bone 5 pcs. no serial numbers

(Green Eggs and Ham Label) "A New Day" etch Spey Blade with long pull main and pen behind main:

#154215 Amber Soup bone 10 pcs. no serial numbers
I copied this from The Charlow Barlow History thread. So to show the updates on the quantity that was produced. I was standing beside @Primble at Charlie’s table when these were for sale. :D

Thank you Will. I was fortunate to actually be able to pick between several to make my choice! :)

Thanks for the compliment Travis. The updated totals are listed below. :)

Thanks for the compliment! I remember those Beer Scouts well. I could have probably bought one of each variation they had at the time. They are beautiful knives. I actually don’t own any with the Beer Scout Knife shield. :)

I copied this from The Charlow Barlow History thread. So to show the updates on the quantity that was produced. I was standing beside @Primble at Charlie’s table when these were for sale. :D

Thanks for searching Primble’s numbers...should have done that myself. My grail is ever so slightly less rare now then I had thought...resume the hunt!!!

my question is, doesn't a noticeable break in production, such as now, signal an SFO is being produced? just guessing and wondering, from those knowledgable, what your opinions are...

my question is, doesn't a noticeable break in production, such as now, signal an SFO is being produced? just guessing and wondering, from those knowledgable, what your opinions are...
Is there a noticable break in production?

There is always something going on behind the scenes IMO.

I don’t think there is any break?
I believe the farm and field 62’s are being made with the 23’s right behind.

I expect a Northwoods 23 later.

I think we will see a NW on the 23 frame as well. After the Heritage, I was kinda hoping for something a little smaller. I have two 23s on reserve so I'm happy either way.

They still owe me Cocobolo pocket carvers - I see no evidence of a break. Down some employees maybe, but I bet they are pumping out #62's as fast as they can.

Crazy. I remember when they first made 62s. I debated with myself for six months whether or not I should pick one up. That's how long they stayed on the shelves. Ultimately I passed because none of the cover materials screamed "Buy me!"

I miss the good old days.

Crazy. I remember when they first made 62s. I debated with myself for six months whether or not I should pick one up. That's how long they stayed on the shelves. Ultimately I passed because none of the cover materials screamed "Buy me!"

There are 62s on the shelves right now. Also 97s, 82s, 12s, 92s, 06s .... and so on. :rolleyes:

I was just thinking about when I first got into GEC, and I was debating about whether I wanted a Beer Scout, Soda Scout, 15 one-arm, Norfolk Whittler, or a 73stl double pull in stag with a cloud shield. They were all sitting there, ripe for the taking.

I was just thinking about when I first got into GEC, and I was debating about whether I wanted a Beer Scout, Soda Scout, 15 one-arm, Norfolk Whittler, or a 73stl double pull in stag with a cloud shield. They were all sitting there, ripe for the taking.
Darn. Those were the days. I remember debating between Northwoods Nortolk Whittlers and Northwoods Norfolk two blades with the slated bolsters. I was scared to go over $100.

The Raisin Jigged Bone interested me for a while, then I dithered, then I fell into despair at missing out :eek::D But you're right, it was nice to have time to reflect;)

You guy's are confused, every pattern for the last 14 months except the 93s and SFOs are still on shelves right now.

It's the same thing with the patterns, "the first run of 82s was better , the old Eurekas were better".

Hog wash. I call hog wash on all of it.

I was scared to go over $100.[/QUOTE said:
I was too. After the transition of buying Schrades on Ebay, I bought a couple of Case knives which cost more and made me more nervous. Then I splurged and bought a GEC #12 abalone, then a #36. The first 2 where hard for me to justify. Then some more cool stuff came out and I bought those. Now I don't think about it. If I like it, I will buy it.

LOL Now I got 8 #62's and one more inbound. #23's coming up and Spyderco REX 45's...
I will be eating Ramin.

You guy's are confused, every pattern for the last 14 months except the 93s and SFOs are still on shelves right now.

It's the same thing with the patterns, "the first run of 82s was better , the old Eurekas were better".

Hog wash. I call hog wash on all of it.

Well I certainly cannot agree ;) The first run 82 Stockmans were better in finish esp W&T and the first run Eurekas were ALL STEEL for the main and again more snappy. I have examples of both:cool:

Everything bar the 93s and SFOs still available? Partly but not in all scales, the difference in the not so distant past was that you didn't have people cranking the handle of "I just bought this knife!!!-aka they're all gonna run out & has so and so dropped yet??";)

Well I certainly cannot agree ;) The first run 82 Stockmans were better in finish esp W&T and the first run Eurekas were ALL STEEL for the main and again more snappy. I have examples of both:cool:

Everything bar the 93s and SFOs still available? Partly but not in all scales, the difference in the not so distant past was that you didn't have people cranking the handle of "I just bought this knife!!!-aka they're all gonna run out & has so and so dropped yet??";)
Thank you Will, those are perfect examples of exactly what I was referring to.:cool::D:rolleyes:

Oh boy, message on GECs website sounds like they might close down if coronavirus keeps getting worse. Screw the TP time to panic purchase all the GEC knives I can find online!

Just in the email from GEC:

"We need to let everyone know that the Governor of PA has closed all
non-essential business. He has not given a return date, but rest assured
we will be back as soon as possible.

We are shipping what we have available today.

We hope that you, your family and friends are safe throughout this time!"

Everybody stay safe and be aware.

Back