Lets talk GEC!

200_d.gif

The more I think about it, the better off this knife would be WITHOUT the comb....I will still try and snag one depending on how much these cost. But yes, this knife will be an oddity for sure with the comb. Definitely something different that GEC is offering us!

I’m definitely getting a beer & sausage 35! I’ve used my knife as a fork many times so I think that’ll be handy. I love the idea of the beard comb, useful to get food out of my beard at a bbq plus it looks like the tip will be good as a toothpick. To add to its use, looks like it’ll make a good tick comb.

The more I think about it, the better off this knife would be WITHOUT the comb....I will still try and snag one depending on how much these cost. But yes, this knife will be an oddity for sure with the comb. Definitely something different that GEC is offering us!
It would be an oddity ‘without’ the comb you say? Without the comb???????
(Edit) sorry with the comb...

My reaction is that it is just gross!

Seriously, who would ever use an eating utensil to perform personal hygiene?

There is a good reason this so called tool does not exist.

Then you would have to wash the same knife twice - and then wipe it all down to prevent rust.

How is it going to be carried in a pocket with that hook poking out?

Bill knew how much we had all looked forward to a new 35 run and then he pulls this!

I think this is all really distasteful.

Last edited:
My reaction is that it is just gross!

Seriously, who would ever use an eating utensil to perform personal hygiene?

There is a good reason this so called tool does not exist.

Then you would have to wash the same knife twice - and then wipe it all down to prevent rust.

How is it going to be carried in a pocket with that hook poking out?

Bill knew how much we had all looked forward to a new 35 run and then he pulls this!

I think this is all really distasteful.
This is what made me start questioning the comb...

Woulda been better without it all together. The fork cap lifter combo is cool.

Well obviously the internet mob doesn't share Bill's sense of humor. I'm fairly certain they will be doing something more traditional with this run. This maybe the new template without sfo's. A traditional run and a one off, like the 62s and the pocket carver.

People have been complaining that GECs don't sit on the shelf long enough ... apparently someone is listening. Or maybe it's a test to see if collectors have any sense of style or whether they'll buy anything, no matter how ridiculous. I keep checking to see whether this is March 31 instead of July 31. It's still July.

Back