Lightning Strikes Sometime Tonight ! ! ! . . . Beating Heart Coming! ! ! . . . 3-21-2024

I have 5 of them and really like them.
Nice! I have average size hands, I suppose, but the one or two images I can find of someone holding the knife makes it look like the tang ring is way far back. Im curious if it is placed in a way that still makes the blade feel nimble in the hands. I really like the look of the current custom model thats up on the site now but want to turn it into an everyday knife so I want one without a coating.

Being .210 thick blade stock it does not feel heavy like a chopper in my hand more like a good all purpose knife that you can use to carve up your big Ribeye or do some Light chopping or Batoning.

View attachment 2533950View attachment 2533951
Thanks for the image :) I was talking of Triceratops tho. I couldnt imagine carrying my beating heart as an EDC (i got the SE too and it is an amazing monster blade) ... Im saving mine for a one in a million assault i guess. I like the shape of the triceratops and feel it would fit well for my daily uses.
but that makes me think ... the handle on the beating heart is just right ... a tang ring would not be helpful on the beating heart. I was wondering if the triceratops handle is different to accommodate.

i didn't go for it. The only thing that would have enticed me in wasn't an option: maroon micarta.

i didn't go for it. The only thing that would have enticed me in wasn't an option: maroon micarta.
I thought that was the point, maybe i missed something. Maroon micarta was Special Edition and it is awesome BTW. The Beating Heart is an amazing, impressive blade. The maroon handles didnt occur to me ... I got one simply because I thought it wasnt going to reappear. I may have gone for MOAB if I knew what I know now. Either way, Beating Heart is something I am excited to have in my collection.

Any chance the BLAST team might be looking at some stone washed triceratops #315G? Also, anyone have any input on these? Id like to switch to something of a fixed up sweep like this from my EDC Fox Karambit but I cant find any videos or info on this knife.
I have two stone washed from the original release and I often use one for edc. The handle shape works great for forward or reverse grip. The blade has 3 sections with 3 different grinds so it's easy to pick the grind best suited for the job. One of my top 3 favorite Busse blades.

I just realized when I looked at David Brown David Brown 's photo that this thing is VERY close to my NMSFNO. The only differences I can pick out are: (1) slightly thinner (NMSFNO is 0.25"); (2) a little wider blade, I think; (3) does not have the rounded treatment.
Which makes me think... I probably should have gotten one of these as a backup. Oh well, no regerts. Just didn't have it in the finances either (in addition to no maroon).

I just realized when I looked at David Brown David Brown 's photo that this thing is VERY close to my NMSFNO. The only differences I can pick out are: (1) slightly thinner (NMSFNO is 0.25"); (2) a little wider blade, I think; (3) does not have the rounded treatment.
Which makes me think... I probably should have gotten one of these as a backup. Oh well, no regerts. Just didn't have it in the finances either (in addition to no maroon).
It does look very similar. I think it's most similar to the Choppasaurus however. Only differences are a higher saber grind (thinner geometry) and the rounded spine that I can see. Other than that it's got the same handle, blade shape, thickness, and everything.

I'd attach a picture of them side by side but the issue with storage size here is preventing me from attaching any pictures unfortunately. Need to see if there's been any solutions as my post count and thus number of images isn't super high.

It does look very similar. I think it's most similar to the Choppasaurus however. Only differences are a higher saber grind (thinner geometry) and the rounded spine that I can see. Other than that it's got the same handle, blade shape, thickness, and everything.

I'd attach a picture of them side by side but the issue with storage size here is preventing me from attaching any pictures unfortunately. Need to see if there's been any solutions as my post count and thus number of images isn't super high.
User Rockgolfer put up such a side by side in the original cupidganzaa thread:

Back