Lost Knife Blues

I don't know if this will help, but on the rare occasions that I lose something, I try and amortize the cost of the pen.knife, girl friend whatever over a period of time. So if I lose a $200 knife, I'll allow myself 15 minutes of "OMG I lost a $200 knife & they don't make those & what am I gonna do & bla bla bla". I then try to adopt a more healthy perspective. If I'd had the knife for a year, then I'd rented the knife for 55 cents a day ($200/365). Did I enjoy it 55 cents worth on any given day? Probably and if not, it was a bad rental, so I'll rent another better one. As Werner Erhard said "I'm not into long term suffering. I like my suffering to be short term".

Only one I have lost was one of my most expensive. Small sebenza. Am hoping it turns up at some point as I don’t remember where I had it last. Carried clipless in pocket so doubt it fell ou. Took me some time to even realize it was missing so hoping it is a random pack or jacket etc

I’ve lost many.. lost a SAK my grandfather gave me in 94. I lost it in 2007. Bought a replacement then in 2012, my son found it in a chair bottom. Lost my Pemberton that I carried everywhere. It’s in a hotel room somewhere I’m sure. Got a new sebenza 2 weeks ago. Carried it one day and as I was leaving my hotel room noticed it wasn’t there. Looked all over the room, all over the parking lot, all in my truck and under the seats. Finally looked in the pocket on the door and there it was. Haven’t carried it clipped in my front pocket again. AIWB only from now on.

Back in the day when I enjoyed those little Beretta's, I kept a small dowel a bit smaller but longer than the barrel to poke the stuck spent cased out from the muzzle end as they had a pop-up barrel. As long as the thing you use to poke them out with is soft like wood (not steel cleaning rod) it would do no damage. I remember the .22 short being the worst at ejecting but the LR did best with stingers.

Best part is if you lost your little rod you could always cut yourself another one cheaply.

It seems the ones I’ve lost have been the highest on sentimental value. My Dad bought me a nice Buck for hunting 7 or 8 years ago and I’ve moved twice since then and haven’t seen it in about 4 years. I know it’s somewhere in my house, but I have no idea where and my biggest fear is it’s rusting away.
And about 3 others that were meaningful gifts.
But all that pales to when I lost my wedding ring! :O

Ive lost 3 sebenzas and recently 2 WE knives. Could be in my house but unsure. I try not to let it get to me to much. The Sebenzas hurt the most as at the time i was making alot less and it made me super depressed but I wore them in a snowstorm, playing paintball and the other i lost near or in a gut pile.

Lost my wedding ring too, luckily I went back and dug through the trash and found it inside a beer cap outside of the cvs i was getting prenatal vutamins so i would have been screwed.

Back