M4 Ti Millie Alert!!!

Maybe its best to try to forget about it. And some day - maybe months from now when you least expect it - we'll get word that its ready to ship.

bleh. Saw this bumped and my heart rate increased a bit, hoping they were giving out the good news.... Should've known better :p

I may be mis-remembering, and the search at Spyderco Forums doesn't seem to be working right now, but I thought there'd been an announcement that as a result of a supply problem these were on hold with no projected target date.

Edit to add: here's the post I was thinking of, posted 7/15/10:

For those of you who have pre-ordered the C36GTIP KnifeWorks exclusive, we wanted to give you an update on its production status. Due to issues in production this model has been unexpectedly delayed. We are working diligently with our suppliers to address this, but cannot project a completion date at this time. When additional information is available, we will provide an update with a projected availability date.

Thank you for your understanding and patience.

:spyder: Kristi

I really wish I would have been able to get in on this particular knife. By the time I saw it, there was already a waiting list :(

I really wish I would have been able to get in on this particular knife. By the time I saw it, there was already a waiting list :(

After all the (unavoidable - not Roger's or Spyderco's fault) delay, there may be a lot of people who move up from the waiting list to the purchase list, if you're on that? I also expect that quite a few will be resold promptly after they get shipped, though pricing is a big question. In short, I would expect that there will be some chances to get one of these. My two Spyderco CPM-M4 blades beat the heck out of the more-than-half-dozen CPM M4 blades from another manufacturer... :thumbup:

After all the (unavoidable - not Roger's or Spyderco's fault) delay, there may be a lot of people who move up from the waiting list to the purchase list, if you're on that? I also expect that quite a few will be resold promptly after they get shipped, though pricing is a big question. In short, I would expect that there will be some chances to get one of these. My two Spyderco CPM-M4 blades beat the heck out of the more-than-half-dozen CPM M4 blades from another manufacturer... :thumbup:

I would have to fully agree. I'll have to email Roger and see if I can get on the waiting list at all at this point. It would seem that some will be available after the fact for sale, the prices are what would shy me away. The Spyderco HT on that M4 steel is out of this world. :cool:

I've already set my mind (and my budget) on Christmas :p

That way if it's earlier, I'll be happily surprized :D

Who cares? It's not like any of us don't have another knife in the meantime. Spyderco knows M4 and knows full flat grinds. Roger is cool people. Sal is as smart as they come. This knife will be worth the wait.

PowerNoodle: if you don't take your fascist sig line down, I'll hunt you like a rabid rat. (And you should have bought the Arc H4 i offered you for a low, low price. But you screwed up -- big time stupid.)

I haven't been in this thread for a while. Someone pm'd me and thought this was a threat to PowerNoodle. It wasn't. It was meant to be funny -- but the tone was lost in the writing and by my own inept attempt at humor. No threat. Sorry.

Last edited:
I think he means the box with obama telling you what browser, IP, and service provider you have is. I don't think its fascist, but it doesn't make me feel any better to know that anyone can access this info about anyone else.

So, is it fascist because it is Obama holding the banner, or because of the assault on your privacy in general?
I tell you what fascist is: it is a rogue DA in NYC shaking down legit businesses and trying to ban what is legal in the rest of the country.

I don't know his political views on Obama, but his meaning could be both I suppose. Either way, it is still a violation of privacy, but I have to say, it does have a morbid cool factor :).

Let's keep this on topic.

Please don't bump this until the release, my heart can't take it.:D

Powernoodle: sent you a PM

I don't know his political views on Obama, but his meaning could be both I suppose. Either way, it is still a violation of privacy, but I have to say, it does have a morbid cool factor :).

Privacy + Internet = null set.

No such thing unless you use your CPM-M4 Ti/G10 Millie to cut your internet connection. That's the only way for "normal folks" to achieve internet privacy and security...

Edit to add:

1. I agree with Rob.
2. Sorry.
3. There is a pending request at SF for an update from Kristi.

Oh I completely agree the thread should be kept on topic, I was just trying to help Lorenzo understand the other dude's post.

As for this M4 mumbo-jumbo, I was on the list, but felt bad and gave my spot in line to another member. I think I'll have one someday, just not when it comes out. It should be a knife to rule all knives.

Oh I completely agree the thread should be kept on topic, I was just trying to help Lorenzo understand the other dude's post.

As for this M4 mumbo-jumbo, I was on the list, but felt bad and gave my spot in line to another member. I think I'll have one someday, just not when it comes out. It should be a knife to rule all knives.

I was thinking about the Millie while I was using my GB the other day. They are SO different. Blade profile and grind, lock ergos, handle shape - I think it's more "different" than better - but I agree, the Military is a standard-setting knife and having an M4 blade will really be amazing. What you need is S90V in one hand and CPM-M4 in the other...the two together would pretty well cover any cutting needs. :thumbup:

Back