Machetes and small swords? Are they sold on this forum at all?

As a Gold member, you can close it then.
Otherwise we'll keep viewing it and posting in it, because that's what we do. ;)

Just like this!

Yup it is, especially when the goal post is moved.

OP, edit one of your posts or go advanced on a new post, at the bottom there is a check box to close the thread. Good luck with your search. Post pics of a sword if you get it. I have an interest driven mostly by "Game of Thrones" and "Vikings". Bought a damn tomahawk I have no use for the other day because of Vikings.

I feel like I really should respond to some of the replies. I tend to try to be polite and non assuming. I've "played" with sticks and staves since I was a kid, and trained in Kali for 7 years. I am by no means a master, but I'm not a novice either. I never wanted to own a single sword that I called mine. I was taught not to worship weapons, that they were a tool like any other, meant to be picked up when needed and dropped when the job was done. However, I have a desire to own my own sword and add it to my stick practice. I want to feel steel in my hand and feel that I have enough skill at this point in my life to handle a live blade. I've had swords but never kept them for long, they came and went, most likely sold.
I know how to use the internet and how to find places that sell swords, I did not in any way insinuate that I could not find them What I was asking is if there was a "hidden magical subforum" where swords and machetes are sold and yes, there is, one of the first people to reply tuned me into the fact that H.I. has their own subforum, thank you wilsonhome, I did not know that. Mostly all I look at on this forum are the folding knives. I did a very brief look for swords and machetes and found some in the fixed blade section but suspected that if I asked about them I would receive some good advice from gracious forum members, and I did. I received very good advice from many who answered my question, some in PM's. Thank you all very much for participating in the discussion and thank you blade forum for hosting.

Tomahawk, wow, that must be a fun thing to own. I'm sorry if you feel that I changed the original question, I certainly did not mean to. I suspect that you think that because of wording. BTW, I love that show, vikings is great. I have to chop wood, we live in the snow here, and every time I get an axe in my hand I think about getting a cooler one, like a tomahawk. Maybe one day. However, I doubt it would work as well as my simple wood cutting axes.
Yup it is, especially when the goal post is moved.

OP, edit one of your posts or go advanced on a new post, at the bottom there is a check box to close the thread. Good luck with your search. Post pics of a sword if you get it. I have an interest driven mostly by "Game of Thrones" and "Vikings". Bought a damn tomahawk I have no use for the other day because of Vikings.

Thank you, you've really cleared some stuff up.
There are dozens of sites that sell machetes, many of them sell swords too. Baryonyx Knife Company is run by forum member FortyTwoBlades and sells a whole host of machetes, and you can get his special grade service to get them shipped screaming sharp as well. BladeHQ and Knifecenter both sell Condor and Cold Steel stuff, as well as MyParang products. Heck, you can get a lot of that stuff fairly cheap(including the Cold Steel Gladius and Scottish Dirk) on XXXXX. XXXXX sells pretty much every machete you can think of as well. And considering the low prices some of those items sell for to begin with, plus the hassle and cost of shipping them, you're unlikely to get a lot of them much cheaper even if someone was selling them here used. I mean, you can get a Cold Steel gladius machete new for $30 with free shipping, it's unlikely you're gonna find a much better deal here even if one pops up.

As for kukris, you may have some turn up in the exchange or on the Himilayan Imports forums, if not you can always order directly through HI or XXXXX.

Sorry, I forgot this site has the absolute dumbest linking rules of any site in the entire country, so PM me if you want the links the mods deleted. Heaven forbid we try to help fellow enthusiasts and all that.

Esav Benyamin MidniteSuperMod
"The best place for someone to post a sword or machete for salee would be as a fixed blade in the Exchange. "

Thank you sir, that was probably the most concise and to the point answer posted. However, thank you to everyone else who took the time to post an answer as well.

What type of sword are you thinking about, Sillyship?

I think I'd like this type.
Schiavona-Morges_zpsj5eulsip.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I'm sorry if you feel that I changed the original question, I certainly did not mean to. I suspect that you think that because of wording.

Oh don't feel sorry for me or about what I feel. You did indeed change your question based on your response to our answers to your first question. I quoted them quite succinctly above so there would be no confusion. :thumbup:

I wouldn't consider HI some magical place. I would never own one of their products based on personal reasons I will not get into here. But if you do, go for it. Get what you want and like.

BTW, I love that show, vikings is great.I have to chop wood, we live in the snow here, and every time I get an axe in my hand I think about getting a cooler one, like a tomahawk. Maybe one day. However, I doubt it would work as well as my simple wood cutting axes.

Well, I live in a city and only need to process wood when we go camping. Even then, the Tomahawk will not be doing that sort of work as I have better and more fun options. It is just for fun. Not an expensive one either. Estwing. Do post if you get a sword. And if you like vikings Game of Thrones is right up your ally.

I was apologizing, not sympathizing. If this is what you are referring to "So, the answer is " No, there is no thread specific to larger blades on this specific site, thanks for asking." then again, "I suspect that you think that because of wording." I should have stated "swords" not Larger blades.
Yes, I've seen all of game of thrones, another great show, and so far I'm very fond of "Outlander" as well.
I would love to hear your reasons for not buying H.I. perhaps you could PM me?
I will get a sword soon and post about it.
I kinda think an easy and cheap one to get would be the cold steel gladius.

I was apologizing, not sympathizing. If this is what you are referring to "So, the answer is " No, there is no thread specific to larger blades on this specific site, thanks for asking." then again, "I suspect that you think that because of wording." I should have stated "swords" not Larger blades.
Yes, I've seen all of game of thrones, another great show, and so far I'm very fond of "Outlander" as well.
I would love to hear your reasons for not buying H.I. perhaps you could PM me?
I will get a sword soon and post about it.
I kinda think an easy and cheap one to get would be the cold steel gladius.

I'll send you a PM. Never heard of outlander. Looks good. I'll have to get it from the library and I think I can get a free trial through my amazon prime.

"Basket-hilt sword. Good choice."
Thanks, I thought so too. Since I'm not use to a single edge I figured I'd start with something like this. And I guess protecting my hand with a basket might help at first. But If anyone else has some advice please chime in.

I know people in the SCA here and I've messed around with it, but never really put on the armor and got into a competition. We also have the lighter version, I forget what it's called, the one where they only use boffers, ampguard I think. I used to be in Wing Chun classes with one of the main leaders of that band locally. I figure I'll be doing one or the others of those soon.

If you have any specific questions about Scottish basket-hilt swords, ask in the Sword Forum sub-section and there is a fellow there named Horseclover who will give you a huge data dump on pretty much any kind of European or American sword. :thumbup:

There is also a dedicated Busse For Sale forum here and they make a few pretty sweet swords. A couple katana-style blades in various lengths and a gladius, I think the MOAB qualifies as a short sword by most definitions as well. Look for the Busse AK-47, Busse Ruck and Busse Gladius, Swamp Rat Rodent Waki and Scrapyard Scrapizashi. They come up pretty regularly!

I've seen some very beautiful swords posted in the Custom and Handmade Knives forum here, but never in the for sale section.

There is also a dedicated Busse For Sale forum here and they make a few pretty sweet swords. A couple katana-style blades in various lengths and a gladius, I think the MOAB qualifies as a short sword by most definitions as well. Look for the Busse AK-47, Busse Ruck and Busse Gladius, Swamp Rat Rodent Waki and Scrapyard Scrapizashi. They come up pretty regularly!

I've seen some very beautiful swords posted in the Custom and Handmade Knives forum here, but never in the for sale section.

Good suggestion. That is probably the place you will see swords come up the most often. But prepare to get your wallet out...

I think I'd like this type.
Schiavona-Morges_zpsj5eulsip.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
The SCHIAVONA* is not the most widespread of swords.

The originals are relatively expensive but can be bought.

Reproductions can likewise be bought though.

Its not a short sword that many people know - not even blade aficionados as the Schiavona is rare.

*Schiavona is a basket-hilted, double-edged broad sword popular in Italy in the 16th and 17th centuries. This unique sword got its name from the fact that it was used by the Venetian Doge (duke) guards who are mostly Dalmatians Slavs - Croats (Schiavoni). It is classified as a broad sword because its blade was relatively wider than its contemporary, the rapier.

Last edited:
Well, that was a help, I did not see that there was a sword section, thank you for your help.
I think I'm going to buy one of those replica cold steel swords, maybe the Cold Steel Training Hand and a Half Sword 44" overall 34" blade with fuller.

Back