Machining center move saga

^^^ I'm sure that you will have many more of these in the upcoming days and weeks :)

"Forklift Crash"

When we moved into our new facility about ten years back, the first trip in with the lift I caught the bottom of the overhead door by about an inch. (Me: Are you sure that's clear? Short-timer: Yep, bring it on in). Bottom panel destroyed, shop in town unable to be secured. Call to the door pros, that style of door discontinued. !^%$#!!!!! At least I can look back and laugh now. Kinda :D

Never moved a machining center, but is nothing more un-fun :confused: than moving manufacturing equipment...
Very glad that nothing more than some steel broke during your move Nathan!

Wow, always a fun thing, we're getting ready to MOVE out of our home of 34 years to a house closer to our grandkids, hope it goes smooth !

And from listening to Handel on the Law on Saturdays/Sundays on AM 820, he always says this about such situations;

"well there is always a silver lining...it didn't happen to me..." ;)

G2

Another classic Ferrari, huh?:)

Kinda like the 308 Ferrari (and almost as old). Technically a Ferrari and definitely cool, but fantastically slow for what it is...

It's an earlier generation machine than our other Mori but still low hour and tight. It will be a good mill for ops one and two (you really can't set any speed records decking steel) and it will address some short comings we've been bumping into that are holding us back with the Pig. This will help reduce bottlenecks and it's a tight 14,000 pound boxway mill so it's going to do a good job decking 3V and cutting fullers etc. It will all be worth it once it's on the floor, but it's a headache.

The Pig is going out to pasture to another knife maker, so it will still be slowly cranking out knives for a long time. I would have loved to keep it but there's no room.

Nathan, you're a very low key fella (we call that disposition chill here in Cali ;) ) and you probably don't give two sh*ts about this either way, but I can not fathom as to why CPK is stuck in Blade Forums' Hosted Knifemaker section, after your past and ongoing expansions ramping up knife production to over 1500 units per annum! Does it bother me? Yes it does. Why does it bother me? I'm your fan and as a very savvy operator you ought to be added to the bigger league; oh and I am also a corrosive sh*t stirrer at times... That's just me :p

Isn't Lorien a made-man around here to put a word in with Spark?

Nathan, you're a very low key fella (we call that disposition chill here in Cali ;) ) and you probably don't give two sh*ts about this either way, but I can not fathom as to why CPK is stuck in Blade Forums' Hosted Knifemaker section, after your past and ongoing expansions ramping up knife production to over 1500 units per annum! Does it bother me? Yes it does. Why does it bother me? I'm your fan and as a very savvy operator you ought to be added to the bigger league; oh and I am also a corrosive sh*t stirrer at times... That's just me :p

[/QUOTE
Heck Casio, please don't rock the boat, He has just about reached his stride producing quality blades in a number that dosn't stress him out to much and with a design team of users and Lorien, I can't wait to see whats next?

Sounds like a fun couple of days!!!
I knew I should have quit my job, packed my stuff and headed south to work for you. It just seemed too good to be true (and I never would have talked the wife and kids into it).
I appreciate all your hard work!!!
Grow and flourish CPK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back