Recommendation? Manix 2 with G-10 (dark blue ) S110V , found a great deal and it's on the way ...but now second guessing the steel .

That's really great ! I'm envious .

Really don't have anyone close, that would want mine ,other than to sell maybe .

Wife always says , "You better just stay alive ...because all your "junk" is going straight to the Goodwill ! " :oops:
May be an associate of aforementioned store - all knives are directly sent to Corporate to be trashed. We are not allowed to sell any "weapons".

Once tossed a VG-1 Japanese kitchen knife set. Sad. Once found a Husky with an axis lock?

Don't donate knives to GW folks. Savers or something. They sell knives.

Last edited:
They do make pill splitters .

Mostly useful for not having ,the halves , shoot off , onto the floor . Lost forever . 🤬
Haha yea I hate when that happens. It's funny, I have all these amazing knives, which I'm super thankful for, but I'm super cheap with pretty much everything else in life. Some day I might grab one, though I switched from my S110v Para 2, to a disposable utility knife for that job once it set in that I blunted the spot on the edge where it'd slam into the table pretty good (though no chips at all), and it'll be more work for me when I go to reprofile it.

One benefit of the Blurple Spydies is that they are lighter than than other similar models set up in the same way. I have a regular (S30v G10) PM2 and a Blurple PM2. Same with the Manix 2, the Para 3, and the Native 5. Even though they all have G10 scales, the Blurples all feel noticeably lighter. I will one day weigh all of them to confirm.

I seen a maker on Etsy that sells aluminum scales for the manix 2 the removes the steel liners. Claims 30% weight reduction and a bit narrower. If the manix is as agreeable as I hope I may get a set. The trouble I'm finding is that I'm left hand dominant and finding a good lefty knife is difficult. Hoping the manix lock is friendly to me and I'll have a great left pocket knife to compliment my kapara (good weather) or claymore / pm2 (bad weather).

I seen a maker on Etsy that sells aluminum scales for the manix 2 the removes the steel liners. Claims 30% weight reduction and a bit narrower. If the manix is as agreeable as I hope I may get a set. The trouble I'm finding is that I'm left hand dominant and finding a good lefty knife is difficult. Hoping the manix lock is friendly to me and I'll have a great left pocket knife to compliment my kapara (good weather) or claymore / pm2 (bad weather).
Have not much trouble with fidgeting my regular Manix 2 LW left handed , except that's my "weaK side" and the clip is on the wrong side for lefty .

My Manix 2 XL ,I can fiddle right handed pretty easy , but left side hardly at all .

Still , I think the lock itself is fully ambidextrous (ball-bearing type lock ) .

I've fiddled a manix 1 s110v. The local shop has one but it's $220. The manix 2 I found was an unused second for $125 that looks like the scales are to light colored. l2_jpg-3010156.jpeg
Not my picture but I'm sure I'll have some in a week.

IMO , the Manix series was designed POU , to be a more hard use / SD type knife , with a strong lock and positive retention .

I don't expect it to be super fidgety , at the expensive of strength and deliberate , secure function .

The ball bearing locks come with a pretty rugged coil spring, and a polymer thumb button that is slippery. Get a titanium thumb button, and a lighter spring... (kits ARE available online)

I've fiddled a manix 1 s110v. The local shop has one but it's $220. The manix 2 I found was an unused second for $125 that looks like the scales are to light colored. View attachment 2389203
Not my picture but I'm sure I'll have some in a week.
About the same price I paid . "Amazon Warehouse" , which might mean a return , or just damaged packaging etc .

Supposed to "like new " with original box etc . Welp , we'll see . I've had both good and bad from them .

Yeah...nope !

I generally avoid surgery on my knives , unless they are about to go into the trash, otherwise .

I understand , however , that some of you all , would rather tear down into a knife's innards, than enjoy a hot date . 🥲
🤣 The two choices are quite similar:
Both can be frustrating AND satisfying at the same time, and you never know when things might turn bloody! 😱

Yeah...nope !

I generally avoid surgery on my knives , unless they are about to go into the trash, otherwise .

I understand , however , that some of you all , would rather tear down into a knife's innards, than enjoy a hot date . 🥲
I don't think you understand, tearing down into a knife's innards is a hot date!

IMO , the Manix series was designed POU , to be a more hard use / SD type knife , with a strong lock and positive retention .

I don't expect it to be super fidgety , at the expensive of strength and deliberate , secure function .
Honestly, I love fidgeting with the Manix. It’s got some of the best ergos of any knife I’ve felt, and the CBB is very smooth which just makes it a pleasure to work with. While I’m not sold at all on S110v, the design and build quality of the Manix is fantastic in both of my examples (the S110v G10, and a BD1n lightweight).

Back