Recommendation? Manix 2 with G-10 (dark blue ) S110V , found a great deal and it's on the way ...but now second guessing the steel .

BlindMouse2of3 BlindMouse2of3

Ide loosen all the screws so theirs a little play, place it between to pieces of thick leather and use a vice to squeeze it into place. Is the

lanyard hole flush with both sides of the G10??

Probably place it between to pieces of thick leather and use a vice to squeeze it into place. Is the lanyard hole flush with both sides of the G10??
No it's not sticking through the g10 on the left scale. I like to pull my knives apart and clean them as needed so I don't want to force it together. I can open it up a thousandth to make it right. The action is perfect and it would probably be just fine until the end of days if I never did anything to it but I love to mess with things so I'll play with it šŸ˜

jHRPGyQ.jpeg

Looks to me like it just wasnt seated all the way. I bet its gonna slide right together when you fix it. Nice pull by the way. Worse case, order an aftermarket set of hardware for it and switch it out

Actually if you take the clip off and lay it on a desk with the ball cage hanging off the side you can whack it several times with a closed fist and force it together. So maybe it was from the previous owner taking it apart.... Which means I have no idea what makes it a second

With the exception of the Manix, the blurple models weigh the same as their standard S30V/S45VN G10 counterparts. The blurple Manix weighs the same as the sprint/exclusive versions with skeletonized liners.
Partially true. Both the Manix and the Native 5 are lighter in S110v (the Blurple Native 5 is 1 ounce lighter than the S30v G10 version). On the other hand, my regular S30v and S110v PM2s weigh exactly the same. Same with the Para 3s. So it seems that half the Blurples are the same weight as their S30v counterparts and half are lighter. For some reason, I could have sworn all the Blurples were lighter. Psychology at work here šŸ¤”

The differences in weight are so nominal though that it wouldnā€™t factor in when choosing one model over another. The steel is the real factor here. I havenā€™t had any problems with S110v but if I had to do it all over again, Iā€™d choose the lower cost plain jane S30v, black G10 versions and call it a day. The Blurple color is pretty cool though

Got two of these (user and a backup; you all know the drill).

First use was opening a green coconut which promptly snapped a small piece of tip off.

Gave at quick and dirty sharpening on a DMT stone and have had no problems since.

Cut up a ton of cardboard yesterday and was glad to have the S110V performance.
7B15E3BD-643D-478A-AAC3-B4FC0361EC4C.jpegA73EC06C-5B6F-4DD2-B298-ED7E9AA53538.jpeg

This would make an interesting thread topic ! šŸ¤”

My wife usually just tolerates my accumulating .

But very rarely , she will disappear one of them !

Most, I notice in one of her work areas ...eventually .

Some few , I've never seen again . :eek:

I especially wonder about that Cold Steel , fully serrated , Tiger Claw karambit . Not normally a knife she would covet , or even want to handle .

I was shocked, initially , when she grabbed it ,out of the blue . Thought she might actually carry it . Hoped she would .

Heck ...maybe she does CC it ? I'm hesitant to ask .

If she's Latina, please sleep with one eye open until all blades are secured. :)

Are they hard or very tough ?

I've opened the regular ripe kind ...with a hammer ! :p
This time it was green, so not that tough. I think it was just suffering from an over-heated tip.

It seems like a steel that does great at cutting as long as you don't introduce much lateral pressures.

Partially true. Both the Manix and the Native 5 are lighter in S110v (the Blurple Native 5 is 1 ounce lighter than the S30v G10 version). On the other hand, my regular S30v and S110v PM2s weigh exactly the same. Same with the Para 3s. So it seems that half the Blurples are the same weight as their S30v counterparts and half are lighter. For some reason, I could have sworn all the Blurples were lighter. Psychology at work here šŸ¤”

The differences in weight are so nominal though that it wouldnā€™t factor in when choosing one model over another. The steel is the real factor here. I havenā€™t had any problems with S110v but if I had to do it all over again, Iā€™d choose the lower cost plain jane S30v, black G10 versions and call it a day. The Blurple color is pretty cool though
The blurple Native is not 1oz lighter than the S30V G10 version. They weigh the same. The only weight variation between Native 5 G10 models is if you're comparing an older linered G10 example and a post-2017 linerless G10 model. The linered version is significantly heavier than the linerless equivalent. It would be physically impossible for two Natives of identical construction to have a 1oz weight difference based on the G10 color. That's a huge weight difference.

Didn't you watch the Tom Hanks volleyball movie
All I recall from Hanks is about life being like a box of candy ...or something ?

Also the one where he grabbed a dog by the throat with his teeth . Funny but not a good plan . ;)

All I recall from Hanks is about life being like a box of candy ...or something ?

Also the one where he grabbed a dog by the throat with his teeth . Funny but not a good plan . ;)
I was thinking of the one where he's a FedEx guy that goes down in a plane and talks to a volleyball all movie until he abandons it in the ocean like it was nothing.

The blurple Native is not 1oz lighter than the S30V G10 version. They weigh the same. The only weight variation between Native 5 G10 models is if you're comparing an older linered G10 example and a post-2017 linerless G10 model. The linered version is significantly heavier than the linerless equivalent. It would be physically impossible for two Natives of identical construction to have a 1oz weight difference based on the G10 color. That's a huge weight difference.
Yes, you are right. I was comparing the Blurple Native 5 to the older linered version.

My wife appreciates my taste in blades. Every so often I will lay out some blades for her to ā€œupdateā€ her knife. She does not share my ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦.ā€enthusiasmā€ though. šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

Back