Maxpedition Bottle holder kit, review and pics

Awhile back I ordered me a Maxpedition bottle holder, and decided to build me a small kit for short dayhikes and general woods bummin.

I have lusted after one since reading the review Joezilla did of them. I also ordered me the shoulder strap, pad, cocoon pouch and waistpack. I then decided it was time to get a Guyot to stick in this kit.

My sources for the the pouches and guyot are:

Maxpedition bottle holder-- Off the map outfitters
Maxpedition Strap, pad, and cocoon pouch-- Maxpedition
Guyot standard and Maxpedition M2 waistpack- Two Wolves Outdoors

All companies I had 0 trouble with. Fast shipping, and great service. I can reccomend any of them.

Well this is how I set up my kit.....

In my Cocoon pouch I have--
-hunk of fatwood
-tin of fatwood sawdust
-brunton button compass
-fox whistle
-peanut lighter
-bamboo spork
-Fishing kit with shot, hooks, a couple spinners, and a tiny spool with alot of fishing line
- streamlight nano
- benedryl and asprin
-water tablets
-scalpel blade
-small pencil
-small birthday candle
-piece of mousepad w/2000 grit sandpaper
-small roll of duct tape
-small survival saw

Front pocket-
-K&M matchsafe with strike anywhere matches
-SAK farmer
-LMF scout firesteel
-AMK heat sheet
-signal mirror.

Main compartment-
-Guyot standard
-GSI mug, w/ tea bags and instant coffee straws(think fire straw, but with coffee)
-550 cordage, inside a bag, and a mesh sack for foraging wild edibles.

Onto the pics....................Sorry for the crappy pics.

100_0002.jpg

100_0057.jpg

100_0059.jpg

100_0058.jpg

100_0061.jpg

100_0060.jpg

100_0088.jpg

100_0068.jpg

100_0071.jpg

100_0074.jpg

More......

100_0076.jpg

100_0084.jpg

Hees the kicker. I bought the M2 for a FAK pouch to put on the side, but have now changed my mind, am gonna do another cocoon pouch. I think those were made for this setup.

This is just not low profile enough.
100_0089.jpg

100_0090.jpg

100_0091.jpg

Cool Kit bro!
You got alot of stuff in there!

Hows it ride?

Also, my FAK is gonna get a few more things once I get a cocoon ouch. I am gonna put a Saline flush in, and some more 4x4s, and pain meds.

Might use the M2 for a camera pouch. It holds everything quite nicely.

Tony it rides a little high on me, but just about perfect IMO. On you you would have alot more options for adjustment. This is B/C I am so tall, and Maxpeditions shoulder strap is not long enough fully let out IMO.

Fully loaded with the weight, the shoulder strap and pad makes for a comfy setup.

Very cool, thanks for the info!

I thought I carried alot of stuff on a dayhike, you have more in there then I have in my Jumbo!!

You should include some quick klot or equivalent in the FAK, If you have room a wound closure kit is another good addition.

I have a bigger dedicated FAK that is in the Truck. It has everything in it. From asherman chest seals to an IV start kit. I am just wanting a Band-aid bag for this setup. Its not a long distance kit.

Very sweet set up J :thumbup:

Anymore pics of the cocoon pouches as you've peaked my interest in those.

Thanks

I had a leaky iodine prep pad, that ruined my altoid kit, so I don't carry them anymore. I have a mini-dropper bottle with liquid iodine in my main FAK though. Nice kit! I've been wanting to pick one of these up as well, but I need to find a pouch that would take a Pelican 1020 now.

These bottle holders are a real stealth find! :) I read a previous review and rushed out and got a large one, then bought the smaller size off Sgt. Art. The small works great for me but the large has been sitting unused since I got it. So ...

Wilderness freebie !!!

Great kit Jake, thanks for the pics. Looks like you have a solid setup!

I've never seen the nalgene imprint on the side of the Guyot, that's a new one to me.

Mtnfolkmike sent it to me with a barter we did awhile back. It is really light and neat.

Spooky, Nalgene makes the bottles for Guyot now, thats wy they are easy to get now.

I think I could fare very well with this Kit if I had to.:thumbup:

Back