Maxpedition Bottle holder kit, review and pics

Nice kit. I like that short wooden spoon too. That's a neat looking piece of gear. Does it work? It seems like your thumb would be in the spoon. Sort of like drinking out of a cup with your thumb in it...

The official name for them is GSI Stainless Bottle Cup. Neat Idea about the bandanna, always some good info 'round here!

Awesome thread Jake. I have seen these before, but I think you and Joe have this setup optimized. Greta pics too! May have to try one out. I use a CountyComm B.o.b. as an edc, but that looks a good bit "handier". Not to mention more organized than mine. I have a couple of "Cane Pole" fishing kits in my bag. all ya need in one tiny little package.

BTW Beef Jerky makes great bait too, if ya wanna share it.

Nice kit. I like that short wooden spoon too. That's a neat looking piece of gear. Does it work? It seems like your thumb would be in the spoon. Sort of like drinking out of a cup with your thumb in it...

It works Quite well. The are cheap too. There was talk of a potential group buy on these. Maybe I will look into that.:thumbup:

Awesome thread Jake. I have seen these before, but I think you and Joe have this setup optimized. Greta pics too! May have to try one out. I use a CountyComm B.o.b. as an edc, but that looks a good bit "handier". Not to mention more organized than mine. I have a couple of "Cane Pole" fishing kits in my bag. all ya need in one tiny little package.

BTW Beef Jerky makes great bait too, if ya wanna share it.

I based my setup on Joezillas. It is a neat setup. Best purchase of the year for me:thumbup: These are a wonderfull product, and pretty under the radar(for now):D

J-

Do you have a top down shot of everything all together? I'm interested in how bulky/non-bulky it is over all. Does it ride well?

J-

Do you have a top down shot of everything all together? I'm interested in how bulky/non-bulky it is over all. Does it ride well?

No, but I will snap some tommarow when I get home bro....:thumbup:

Jake, are you using the 12x5 bottle holder with the guyot standard or the 10x4? Anyone prefer one size over the other?

I use the 10x4. I think its better being more compact. I think if you go bigger, you are defeating the purpose of this type of kit. Might as well go with a shoulder bag then. Just my opinion though. Everything fits too well in the 10x4 for me. If I add much more, I might as well just carry a daypack. I have a good base of gear with this.

good point Jake, I just didn't know if the only the 32oz fit in the 10x4 for some reason. Thanks! :thumbup:

edit:
I use the 10x4. I think its better being more compact. I think if you go bigger, you are defeating the purpose of this type of kit. Might as well go with a shoulder bag then.

Wow, I just saw this comparison pic of the 10x4 and 12x5 for the first time, I didn't know the difference between the two was so noticeable!

0323g_0325k_769_general.jpg

Last edited:
dude, its a great little kit, great small grab an go bag with the essentials covered. I recently mounted 2 10x4s to my pack with molle locks from RAT cutlery, and have the strap in my pack. Its nice for when you are camping and wanna take a walk w/o strappin on your whole pack. I just pop off the holder slap on the strap, and im good to go! I am a huge fan of maxpedition. Its bombproof, and holds up really well....

Cool. I normally carry my Maxped Fatboy Jumbo when dayhiking but lately we've taken some shorter, closer to home hikes and I thought of you with this project for something easier for shorter trips.

Thanks for the response!!

Stormstaff, I use a bottle set-up too for shorter walks, and it's perfect for that. I have an M2 and M1 attached to either side to add a little room for essentials and a little first aid. :thumbup:

Very cool. I just ordered one and the strap in foliage green. I have a black cocoon I can use for now until I decide if I "need" a foliage green cocoon or whatever to strap on it.

I have some Maxped malice clips already that I hope will work.

Back