Maxpedition Falcon II

I needed a new backpack and wanted something more robust than my old bag (burton snowboard backpack) and some external storage capabilities, compared to my old bag with two main pockets. I couldn't decide between the pygmy or the falcon II, after reading all the reviews I could find and all the review videos, i still couldn't decide. I finally decided on the bigger falcon II mostly because Im not running black ops in my ninja suit and wanted the blue. Also that the falcon II can condense to roughly the same size as the pygmy but i have the ability to carry tarps, blankets, tents, sleeping bag etc. with the straps on the bottom or side or the top compression and I like the different options to have a "kinda" bigger bag with camping stuff or have a nice small pack. Im also not some self proclaimed gear reviewer or anything just some initial observations in the day of owning my new Falcon II! I Like it so far.

Enough chatter and time for some pictures.
61921d71.jpg

1dc950fe.jpg

383a5648.jpg

In reading lots of reviews I always heard people complain about the Y compression strap and how it gets in the way for all the pockets but never heard anyone mention that you can remove it
e85f199c.jpg

anyone with this pack know what this is for? my best guess is to retain the zipper pulls?
5c997388.jpg

new ESEE 4 pic while I was taking these...

9298540f.jpg

I love my Falcon II

I edited one of my patches so its nicer to those who don't swear.......
SAM_1789-1.jpg

Maxpedition Fatboy for day hikes and fishing
SAM_1985.jpg

Last edited:
very cool. i love the blue.

i got a pygmy for christmas, and the only thing i would change about it is the color. i wish they offered the pygmys in the blue and orange.

Why was this not posted in G&G? Because it seems more about the packs than the knives? Am I wrong?

Why was this not posted in G&G? Because it seems more about the packs than the knives? Am I wrong?

It's hard for "Pack" members to leave the safety of Jeff's warm embrace.

And by "warm embrace" I mean his smart mouth. ;)

Great looking new pack! That blue sure is bright. if you do ever want some real goood reviews of packs and gear you can jump over to www.edcforus.com and they have tried out a little of everything over there. Post up some good pics of of your new pack in use.

Your right. I just figured to post it here because I like ESEE I would like to feel Jeff's warm embrace:)

It can be moved if need be.

Your right. I just figured to post it here because I like ESEE I would like to feel Jeff's warm embrace:)

It can be moved if need be.

LoneStar don't feel bad about your pack post. We here are mostly gear junkies and love to see pics of other members new packs, guns, survival kits, bug out bags, anything outdoor related. That's the great thing about the ESEE forum, it's not just all about knives. It's more about a way of life and a frame of mind.

I really like Maxpedition's bags. I have a Pygmy that I've used a lot. Just can't go wrong with their stuff, IMO.

LoneStar don't feel bad about your pack post. We here are mostly gear junkies and love to see pics of other members new packs, guns, survival kits, bug out bags, anything outdoor related. That's the great thing about the ESEE forum, it's not just all about knives. It's more about a way of life and a frame of mind.

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Man if it's outdoors then it's what we do... ESEE is much more than knives.

I went back and forth between several of their backpacks and finally decided on the Condor II.

It's been great so far. :thumbup:

And probably the same reason we have so many people that hang out here. We're sort of laid back. Talking about knives is about 50 percent of what we do, the rest is skills, hard use gear, Tequila, crazy women and sometimes blow-up sheep.

"Talking about knives is about 50 percent of what we do, the rest is skills, hard use gear, Tequila, crazy women and sometimes blow-up sheep."

This is what made me want to join bladeforums and be apart of the ESEE forum and a proud ESEE owner!

Great pack. Mine took a beating and I'd still be using it if it weren't for that dang battery acid. :( But that's another story. I have a 5.11 24hr Rush now and really like it. But I miss my Maxpedition.

Just ordered a Vulture II. I was split between these two bags.

Your's looks sweet!
I'll check back when I receive mine.

Yeah, a lot of sweet things are discussed around here and everyone is civil with good-natured ribbing.

Back