Maxpedition Falcon II

In regards to the Falcon II, does it serve as a basic weekend pack well? Or is it too small?

I'm with you on that, but my partner's from Tennessee so he sometimes leans towards the real live sheep :D

Sometimes???.......

You posted that as a joke but we see that kind of thing in South America all the time. It's commonplace for someone to be carrying livestock on a motorcycle, rickshaw, bus, bicycle, etc.

Come to Texaco some time, you see some amazing crap here. We have a lady who carries her pig around in a little bike trailer. I'm not talking about a little pet piggy, thing has to weigh 60-70 lbs.

And probably the same reason we have so many people that hang out here. We're sort of laid back. Talking about knives is about 50 percent of what we do, the rest is skills, hard use gear, Tequila, crazy women and sometimes blow-up sheep.

sheep_back.jpg

You do know that this will attrack all teh New Zealanders!!!

They have a real thing for sheep :D

Anyone own both the Falcon II and Pygmy? For the big price difference, what does each pack offer?

I wondered about that patch my self and thought it was a sort of spoof or parody.

Haven't seen 'em before but the patch would be referring to all the yuppie North Face nut swingers :jerkit:...I found it rather amusing. Now where did I put my puffy jacket? :D

You do know that this will attrack all teh New Zealanders!!!

They have a real thing for sheep :D

Ok you caught me lurking... ease up on the sheep jokes ok, some of my best friends are sheep!

Yes Im a kiwi.

Anyone own both the Falcon II and Pygmy? For the big price difference, what does each pack offer?

I own both a Falcon II and a Pygmy.

I got the Pygmy for my 6 year old.

The Falcon II is quite a bit larger than the Pygmy. Neither are large packs though. I use the Falcon II as an ultralight weekend outfit in the warmer months. During longer outings or winter I use the Vulture II.

The Pygmy does have built in bottle holders on the sides. If you want them on the Falcon II you have to buy either the H2o bottle holder or you can use the Mini-Rolly Polly.

The Falcon II also has a waist belt. Just nylon strapping, no padding. The Pygmy has no waist belt.

the pygmy is a great pack for the money. many complain that its too small, buts its also not meant to carry your entire collection of gear in. Its small, but you can fit quite a bit of stuff in it.

the falcon has a bit more room. it also has more MOLLE straps and a blatter compartment.

I personally love my pygmy, but the falcon is nice when you need to carry a little bit more.

Thanks Sarge. If anyone's interested, Maxpedition has factory seconds in black posted on their site for $45 less than the premium Falcon IIs.

In regards to the Falcon II, does it serve as a basic weekend pack well? Or is it too small?

I intend to use it for weekend trips but I pack light and I was messing with it earlier and could fit a sleeping bag on the bottom of the bag a tent between the side compression straps and a pillow under the Y compression strap. It's not easy access to the main compartments like that but you can hold quite a bit. I fit 4 pairs of jeans on the main compartment also if that helps.

Getting back on topic, I do have a question Flexxx: why would you want a patch on your bag that reads "hey **** face" Maybe it's a fad thing but I honestly don't get why someone would want that on their pack.

I was wondering the same thing...

Now for the Kiwi joke.

Do you know where virgin wool comes from?

Yep, UGLY SHEEP!!

An oldie but a goodie!

Nice one.

This thread has been sheep-jacked!

On a serious note I have the pygmy falcon and its awesome for fishing - the easy access compartments are way better for accessing lure/tackle boxes than a regular backpack and its super comfortable even with a bit of weight in it.

I am seriously looking at the Falcon now as well... good info on this thread

Getting back on topic, I do have a question Flexxx: why would you want a patch on your bag that reads "hey **** face" Maybe it's a fad thing but I honestly don't get why someone would want that on their pack.

I never see anyone when hiking so its my way of getting out and having a patch to express how I feel about the city, also I really don't care much for the north side.

Since that picture a few months ago I have taken all the patches off my pack and like it all black...

untitled.jpg

I've used a Malaga almost daily for over a year and it's still in excellent condition. I've been thinking about getting a Falcon II for a while now.

Good stuff.

Back