Maxpedition Falcon II

I like Maxpedition gear. I have several pieces of it. My versipack is an edc, and I frequently hear "what is it?" and "Where can I get one?" I like that pack (the Falcon II) and not just for the color, which is awesome. But, while their gear is a great value, I cannot always afford it. When I saw this: for thirty bux I decided to give it a try. I know the danger of spending on something that does not work out and having to spend again. But this looks like it might work out.
Forgive the crappy pics, it's not the cameras fault.:eek:

IMG_0544.jpg

IMG_0543.jpg

IMG_0546.jpg

We got my stepson one of these in black this past Christmas. Actually I was impressed with it for $30.00. Granted he has only had it a short time but so far so good.

I love Max gear. I had the Jumbo for quite a while but just couldn't warm up to the over the shoulder strap carry. I sold it and bought a Falcon II, this time getting the orange color. I really love this bag. It carries all my junk that I like to travel with. I have a Janus attached to the side that holds my camera and it's accessories on one side and on the other, I placed one of their dump bags to carry anything that I pick up while out and about.

Don't camp or hike anymore but I do like to travel by car and this bag goes along with me everywhere. This bag has come in handy so many times when on trips with the family that I can't even count the number of times that someone said, this need to be fixed or wish we had this, and it was accomplished with something from my carry along bag.

Who said men don't' need to carry a purse. Mine doesn't carry lipstick and rouge but does carry a small firearm lock box to keep the grandson safe, numerous knives both fixed and folding, utility tool, screw drivers, torx and allen wrench sets, Gorilla pod, first aid, medicine, folding saw, sporks, para-cord, duct and electrical tape, a Countrycomm tube set up for fishing, several fire making means, snare items, just to name a few of the items that I carry.

For those with the Max Falcon II or the next size up (Condor II?) would it comfortable lash/hold a small axe like the G&B Small Forest Axe?

Thanks.

I real glad I found this thread.....I have like 3 other sights I posted on to find out about maxpedtion bags and they are being tight lip more or less....

I'm in the market to get a pack I'm thinking I'm the vulture-II pack, it will fit me by the measurements that's stated on there site.

I'm also gonna pick up a tac tile and a fr-1 to go with the pack! :D

I'm in the market to get a pack I'm thinking I'm the vulture-II pack, it will fit me by the measurements that's stated on there site.

When I was looking at the Maxpedition stuff someone told me if shopping online, find the pack (size) you think you need then buy the next size up... good advice. Their stuff is smaller than you'd think.

When I was looking at the Maxpedition stuff someone told me if shopping online, find the pack (size) you think you need then buy the next size up... good advice. Their stuff is smaller than you'd think.

Thats what I have to do when ordering my banana hamock's....:eek:

I like Maxpedition gear. I have several pieces of it. My versipack is an edc, and I frequently hear "what is it?" and "Where can I get one?" I like that pack (the Falcon II) and not just for the color, which is awesome. But, while their gear is a great value, I cannot always afford it. When I saw this: for thirty bux I decided to give it a try. I know the danger of spending on something that does not work out and having to spend again. But this looks like it might work out.
Forgive the crappy pics, it's not the cameras fault.:eek:

for $30, i might just buy one to leave in the office. definitely give us an update/review once you've used it for awhile. thanks.

For those with the Max Falcon II or the next size up (Condor II?) would it comfortable lash/hold a small axe like the G&B Small Forest Axe?

Thanks.

yes, you can lash it on the falcon ii just fine. i've also lashed my junglas and lite machete on both sides and it's held securely. it's not the stability but the overall weight that'll get you first. the waist straps does very little in load carrying so once you go to the 20 lbs or higher load, the straps start digging into your shoulders...keep it ultralight and works well.

I've got the Falcon II as well in desert tan or whatever the hell color it is.

Good backpack. I like it. Fairly compact but can hold quite a bit more gear than you think it can. Very versatile and well made.

Thanks.

I have a 19" Weterlings and it straps to the side compression straps like the pack was made for it.

Since we're talking about Maxped gear, here's a shot of the Pygmy Falcon I use to carry as my BOB. A nice lady now hikes with this pack every day ;)

pygmy-falcon.jpg

That's actually a small Multi-mat rolled up and put in a bag

When I saw this: for thirty bux I decided to give it a try.

This is the 5.11 Rush 12, right? Where are you guys finding this for thirty bucks?! I only see it for sixty or seventy. Thirty is a steal!

We got my stepson one of these in black this past Christmas. Actually I was impressed with it for $30.00. Granted he has only had it a short time but so far so good.

Where? My son would love one

Last edited:
This is the 5.11 Rush 12, right? Where are you guys finding this for thirty bucks?! I only see it for sixty or seventy. Thirty is a steal!

Where? My son would love one

SantaCruz, It's not 5.11. The tag tells what and where.

SantaCruz, It's not 5.11. The tag tells what and where.

Stupid! sorry for the post. it looks a lot like a 5.11. Sometimes I'm just blind. I know they sell 5.11 there so I assumed...but that just made an ass out of me. :) Thanks for the correction, Oso! Very much appreciated.

I got a chance today to check out a couple blackhawk packs...

I was pretty impressed, good quality and very decent price

it has alot of space but also deflates with less gear.

the guy has it loaded in the video
[youtube]Dao_RMEq6Wk[/youtube]

Back