Medium Choppa thread!!

Yeah I lied. I had a preliminary HDMC prepared during the preorder which the dimensions and specifications were based on but I changed it. Sorry. It's not a "Heavy Chopper" and it's not just a beefed up heavy duty Medium Chopper, it's its own knife. People who ordered them will be in for a treat. :thumbsup:

We've started on the chopper production now but it will be warm before the first of them start shipping. The entire pre-order will ship before the end of 2019 but most will be sooner.
What ever it is called.....how about a fun Friday sale with a few of them? ;)

Or a fun Sunday night sale!!!

Yeah I lied. I had a preliminary HDMC prepared during the preorder which the dimensions and specifications were based on but I changed it. Sorry. It's not a "Heavy Chopper" and it's not just a beefed up heavy duty Medium Chopper, it's its own knife. Edit To Add: It's not just a beefed up MC, it will have substantial chopping power. People who ordered them will be in for a treat. :thumbsup:

We've started on the chopper production now. The material is here, it is cut up and decked to width into blanks and we're about to start grinding it into thickness. But it will be warm outside before the first of them start shipping. The entire pre-order will ship before the end of 2019 but most will be sooner.
77RX0Im.jpg

Yeah I lied. I had a preliminary HDMC prepared during the preorder which the dimensions and specifications were based on but I changed it. Sorry. It's not a "Heavy Chopper" and it's not just a beefed up heavy duty Medium Chopper, it's its own knife. Edit To Add: It's not just a beefed up MC, it will have substantial chopping power. People who ordered them will be in for a treat. :thumbsup:

We've started on the chopper production now. The material is here, it is cut up and decked to width into blanks and we're about to start grinding it into thickness. But it will be warm outside before the first of them start shipping. The entire pre-order will ship before the end of 2019 but most will be sooner.

It is going to be a Happy New Year! I cannot wait to see this one!
Thank you for the update!

Nathan, are you going to stay with the acronym HDMC with this surreptitious tweaked production version or will you christen it something else, like say HC? :)

Any news or timeframe estimates on the HDMC being completed & or shipped?

The HDMC I don't know. We ran all of the MC through the first few ops and have them on the Mori now cutting the bevels. I'm waiting on the new Mori (Mori3) to arrive (if the weather holds out, Tuesday) to do the final trim out which will get a batch ready for heat treat, then that new machine has to be switched onto another project that has been waiting on it so the balance will have to wait on Mori1 to open up again.

The HDMC is being run on the tail end of the MC production. The steel is all cut and we're currently in process of grinding it to final thickness but it just started on the first milling ops on the Romi a couple days ago. It's going to take a month or more to get them into beveling and that entire process will have to finish before changing over to trimout then heat treat. They will all ship by the end of the year, but I expect the HDMC won't start to ship until most of the MC are finished, probably this summer.

The HDMC I don't know. We ran all of the MC through the first few ops and have them on the Mori now cutting the bevels. I'm waiting on the new Mori (Mori3) to arrive (if the weather holds out, Tuesday) to do the final trim out which will get a batch ready for heat treat, then that new machine has to be switched onto another project that has been waiting on it so the balance will have to wait on Mori1 to open up again.

The HDMC is being run on the tail end of the MC production. The steel is all cut and we're currently in process of grinding it to final thickness but it just started on the first milling ops on the Romi a couple days ago. It's going to take a month or more to get them into beveling and that entire process will have to finish before changing over to trimout then heat treat. They will all ship by the end of the year, but I expect the HDMC won't start to ship until most of the MC are finished, probably this summer.
Thank you, much appreciated Jo!

Bumping this thread as I saw some activity that the MC’s were at heat treat? Not sure if that is confirmed but getting stoked to see these come the fruition and hopefully in the mail before mid summer! The brush will be starting to green up here soon and looking forward to this for clearing access routes etc.

Also, if anyone has more photos keep em’ coming!

Cheers
Andy

The Medium Chopper pre-orders will start to ship in about a week

Based on not much other than pulling information from the figment of my own imagination, I am thinking that the HDMC preorder rollout will be at least up to 3 months after the initial production MC rollout. I'd even wager to guess 5-6 months. What says the Maestro?

Back