Mini/folding cleavers. Why?

It 'Clunks' & it 'Cleaves'...What's not to love ? Lol
As several have mentioned the utility aspect,
whether in the construction fields, a warehouse,
yard tasks, food prep., projects that could be done with a razor knife, all could be handled with a cleaver styled blade.
Will it handle all knife tasks that likely a drop point blade will accomplish ?
Probly not necess'celery🙂, but it's a valid option for those who recognize it's uses.
I only own one, as I ended up getting it in a mixed
lot. It's the CRKT Pilar which I like for what it is.
I also appreciate a good Wharncliffe and sheepsfoot styled blade. 👍
B.T.B.

I sometimes tend bar at my boat club and was using a Gerber folding knife with a straight razor / cleaver blade to cut limes.
A lady sitting at the bar started a conversation with me about how cool that knife was.

I'm married but for all you single guys , cleaver knives are great conversation starters.:)

I sometimes tend bar at my boat club and was using a Gerber folding knife with a straight razor / cleaver blade to cut limes.
A lady sitting at the bar started a conversation with me about how cool that knife was.

I'm married but for all you single guys , cleaver knives are great conversation starters.:)
I don't think it was knife.......
Wedding rings seem to be chick magnets ........LOL

I don't really have much use for a "cleaver" style blade in a pocket knife, but I can see where some people might.

One gigantic "however" though is when it's a flipper knife where the tab sticks out beyond the blade's curve.

Like this:

GB30001836_1.jpg

The flipper tab defeats its function as a cleaver. I guess it still has function as a sharp object for other tasks (opening packages, and whatnot), but give me a wharncliffe or reverse tanto over this any day.

IMHO: trying to use a mini cleaver; is about like using a Pomeranian as an attack dog...
Happy Tink.jpg

People buy them because they look cool (beauty really is in the eye of the beholder) and a lot of people out there are only using their knives to open the amazon package that contains their next cool looking knife. lol "Cleaver" blades work just fine for that.

Same reason there is the "harpoon" design. Just marketing hype.
Do your want your knife to get stuck into something when you stab? I don't 🤷‍♂️
Harpoon blade shape's are pretty cool looking though.

I'm not really into stabbing stuff so that would be a non factor.

Knives are just like any other hobby thing there is. If someone wants a cleaver solely because it looks cool then more power to them and thank goodness we have manufacturers that make knives for those people.

I find it interesting that in knife style/design.......
I see of alot big clunky or slim/ light.....
I have to admit I have given those knives a second look. What would I do with it?
I don't know, but when you got the collecting bug....

Back