Mnandi: My latest Obsession

Since Cajun Blade got the ball rolling with that beautiful engraved Mammoth .... figured I would add my number 1 favorite Mnandi (yes, this is my absolute favorite!). A friend had it engraved for me mid-last year. Makes this particular mesquite Mnandi even more majestic!

MnandiMesqEngC.jpg

MnandiMesqEngD.jpg

MnandiMesqEngE.jpg

MnandiMesqEngF.jpg

I've never been a big fan of "pimping" a knife . . . and I guess engraving is sort of "pimping!" But I've got to say this is fantastic! It truly adds to the character and majestic nature of this knife! Well done!

Totally agree with this.

Congrats on One Beautiful Mnandi Cajun Blade. If yours was born around 12/19/2012 I believe this is one of its siblings.

Thanks for having me check the date on that knife. Just realized that it was on the day of my wedding anniversary! Aug 15 2013. Not the year, mind you, just the day. I guess she's a keeper for sure now! Just like my wife of 40 years. :)

Since Cajun Blade got the ball rolling with that beautiful engraved Mammoth .... figured I would add my number 1 favorite Mnandi (yes, this is my absolute favorite!). A friend had it engraved for me mid-last year. Makes this particular mesquite Mnandi even more majestic!

MnandiMesqEngC.jpg

MnandiMesqEngD.jpg

MnandiMesqEngE.jpg

MnandiMesqEngF.jpg

This is a beautiful knife! Was it engraved by Bruce Shaw? If so would anybody hazard a guess how many he might have engraved? I hear that he no longer takes new clients or something like that.

Your knives look fantastic, Dennis and Cajun Blade - congrats! I had never thought of having a Mnandi engraved before :)

An engraved Mnandi is very nice but also an ivory inlay with scrimshaw is not bad at all

[emoji2] i do not have it but in the future I will let it done. If you check in the first 20/30 post should be one. In The meanwhile I look in Google [emoji2]

That is absolutely gorgeous! Never thought of having that done!
So now I am joining you on that quest!
That is a really white piece of ivory. Could be pre-ban elephant ivory?
If so, I must admit that I did not know that CRK ever did Mnandi's with those inlays.

As a reward for you my friend Falco, I will grace you with a heretofore unseen double snake Mnandi. As per the request in your sig line!
I confess, I have been hiding it for a while.

Last edited:
Thank you Cajun Blade I appreciate your effort. It is my opinion that in that days CRK used a beautiful damascus. BTW I think that it is mammoth ivory: the inside part of a tusk where the Bark is the outside part colored by the minerals got in touch. [emoji17] hope to have translated rigth

Thank you Cajun Blade I appreciate your effort. It is my opinion that in that days CRK used a beautiful damascus. BTW I think that it is mammoth ivory: the inside part of a tusk where the Bark is the outside part colored by the minerals got in touch. [emoji17] hope to have translated rigth

Perfectly understood my Italian friend!

My Mnandi. I am really enjoying carrying it.

Does anybody have a picture of what the new clip version of the Mnandi looks like with out the clip? I like the clip but if I decide to use the leather pouch it would seen to go better in it with out the clip. I understand it takes a different stew that can be ordered from CRK. Just want to know my options...

MnandiBEB1.png

MnandiBEB2.png

Back