Mnandi: My latest Obsession

Thinking of selling my creamy caramel colored mammoth damascus mnandi. It is devin thomas raindrop damascus from 2012. Start of Gen 2 blade nail nick I think. I bought to collect but now I am thinking to move it as I expand my collection to more french folders. Mint condition never used. Kept in a safe. Handled with gloves. Has all original items. Last one I saw on here went for 1,800, but I am not sure of the market. If there is interest, i may post in sale section with details and photos…can anyone confirm market value range and/or interest? Thanks!

IMG_7749.jpeg

Last edited:
Thinking of selling my creamy caramel colored mammoth damascus mnandi. It is devin thomas raindrop damascus from 2012. Start of Gen 2 blade nail nick I think. I bought to collect but now I am thinking to move it as I expand my collection to more french folders. Mint condition never used. Kept in a safe. Handled with gloves. Has all original items. Last one I saw on here went for 1,800, but I am not sure of the market. If there is interest, i may post in sale section with details and photos…can anyone confirm market value range and/or interest? Thanks!

View attachment 2291389
Pretty sure the last I saw was 18 as well. Beautiful knife and as rare as hens teeth these days. Most if not all are in collections waiting for widows to sell them for pennies on the dollar.

Interest? There will be lots of folks interested in a Mammoth Mnandi. These just do not seem to pop up much here. hence price is a bit of a throw at the dart board

I want to be sure to say, think carefully before selling. You will never replace that beautiful piece of art.

I thought I'd post my plain-old-Mnandis.

IMG_0552.jpeg

The bottom was my first and I lost it. Immediately bought the 2nd gen CF and carried it for many years. I really don't remember how many. A couple years later I found the Ebony model in the bottom of a fishing pack. DOH!

About a month ago I sharpened the old CF and noticed that the belly is gone and ordered two Gen 3s. One for clipping and one for sheathing.

Look at all the coardboard DNA on this puppy.
IMG_0553.jpeg

All the widely-known and controversial Gen 3 differences aside...has anyone else noticed how much thicker the Gen 3 scales are? Both old Mnandis are .404 thousandths wide at the scales. The new ones are .422. Doesn't sound like much, but the scale radii on the Gen 3 are, well, less round or more square. I felt the difference the instant I them in my hands.

View attachment 2303007

The bottom was my first and I lost it. Immediately bought the 2nd gen CF and carried it for many years. I really don't remember how many. A couple years later I found the Ebony model in the bottom of a fishing pack. DOH!

About a month ago I sharpened the old CF and noticed that the belly is gone and ordered two Gen 3s. One for clipping and one for sheathing.

View attachment 2303008

All the widely-known and controversial Gen 3 differences aside...has anyone else noticed how much thicker the Gen 3 scales are? Both old Mnandis are .404 thousandths wide at the scales. The new ones are .422. Doesn't sound like much, but the scale radii on the Gen 3 are, well, less round or more square. I felt the difference the instant I them in my hands.
I knew I liked you!

View attachment 2303007

View attachment 2303008

Yes. Clips are tighter as a result. Harder to use. Still beautiful.

Back