Mnandi: My latest Obsession

I have to agree with badmatt badmatt . Last one I attempted to purchase went 1400 and the last mammoth / damascus I saw went for I this 1800….
Wowee zowee! I knew Mammoth/Damascus Mnandis were sky-high (and rare), but am surprised that non-Damascus ones are that expensive.

FYI, I read somewhere that California, where I live, no longer allows the importing of Mammoth knives, jewelry, etc. I hope I'm not raided because....uh, never mind. 😇

Thanks, all for your suggestions. My reason and reluctance to sell the knife, is because of the rarity and the fact there never going to be re-produced again by CRK.
Yep. If you are going to sell it you are truly over it because replacing it will be extremely difficult.

Thanks to everyone that posted their Mnandi! I was 50/50 on the 31 or a Mnandi and this thread has pushed me to the Mnandi side. I’ve enjoyed researching these knives on this forum and decided it was time to upgrade my membership in support of this forum. Thanks again and I look forward to gaining more knowledge here.

Thanks to everyone that posted their Mnandi! I was 50/50 on the 31 or a Mnandi and this thread has pushed me to the Mnandi side. I’ve enjoyed researching these knives on this forum and decided it was time to upgrade my membership in support of this forum. Thanks again and I look forward to gaining more knowledge here.
Good call on the Mnandi. It’s one of their early design‘s and makes a great EDC.

I’m looking forward to the day this comes in Plain Jane. I’m guessing there is a reason they don’t already, but I’m sure there are lots of people that would jump on it.

I’m looking forward to the day this comes in Plain Jane. I’m guessing there is a reason they don’t already, but I’m sure there are lots of people that would jump on it.
I don’t think we will ever see a PJ. It just doesnt fit with the design aesthetic. It’s an elegant knife meant for a gentleman’s pocket. With that said my carbon fiber one has seen an almost 3 years pocket time and over a year as my only carry and looks good with some wear. Maybe a Micarta run just not sure it can be used as thin as the inlays are on the Mnandi.
I did see one several years ago with a copper inlay….freaking awesome!
View attachment 2177810View attachment 2177811View attachment 2177809

Last edited:
The hole IS for the clip. The gen 1 and 2 Mnandi have the hole on either side so the clip can be placed on ether side. This was not continued on the gen 3. The gen 3 models are left or right hand specific.

Both of these are right hand. I have the clip on the presentation side of the spalted beech for left side carry. I also reversed the pivot as I have seen Lone_Wolfe Lone_Wolfe do.
Gen 2 Spalted beech (left)
Gen 3 Macassar Ebony (right)

View attachment 2081309

View attachment 2081308

I’m in the minority but I prefer the Gen 3, easier for me to open.

Last edited:
The hole IS for the clip. The gen 1 and 2 Mnandi have the hole on either side so the clip can be placed on ether side. This was not continued on the gen 3. The gen 3 models are left or right hand specific.

Both of these are right hand. I have the clip on the presentation side of the spalted beech for left side carry. I also reversed the pivot as I have seen Lone_Wolfe Lone_Wolfe do.
Gen 2 Spalted beech (left)
Gen 3 Macassar Ebony (right)

The clips holes on both sides continued briefly into Gen 3, not sure how long. The knife on top is from the release that debuted the current nail nick version.

1689545903242.png

Back