Mnandi: My latest Obsession

My first came in the mail today. Absolutely gorgeous, Chad Nichols does a really nice and tight Raindrop. Stunning.

IHAiJWL.jpg

My first CRK was an old style nail tick with awesome box elder. Never should have sold it.

Random question for you Mnandi experts: why do some of them have that little hole on the back end on the presentation side scale, and others don't? (I know the hole is there to allow the clip to be switched to the lefty position.) My question is why do some versions have it and others don't? For example, the new CF BHQ one I show above doesn't have that hole. Do the vendors ordering these exclusives determine that option, or does CRK? There are lefty Mnandis, so why the hole on the righties? Just wondering because it's attracted the attention of my OCD. Thanks in advance!

Who knows?

My 2020 one has it. I think it's a great feature for people to utilize.

No worries Brock, I'm always trying to learn here on BF too! :) And dude, your Mnandi is a bit crusty!

The answer to my own question, best as I can figure, is that the lefty clip holes are placed on variants that don't have a dedicated true left-hand version. For example, the BHQ CF ones come both as right-handed and left-handed models, while say the DLT Trading Elforyn Micarta ones (the next one I really want) only comes in the right-handed version so CRK adds the lefty clip hole such that lefties can carry that one. I'm assuming DLT didn't order or plan to offer a true left-handed version.

Well crap, there goes my hypothesis for at least the DLT version. A quick Google search pulled up a "clean" presentation side version, clearly just to further enrage my OCD! ;)

PyrOA51.jpg

Does the DLT version even have a pocket clip? Looking at the photo is appear that this model never came with a pocket clip.

Back