Modded my Junglas, lots-O-pics-n-how-to

Awesome thread man, awesome thread. I think I am going to make a Esee6 something like yours for an Xmas present! I just have to figure out how to put a company logo on the blade to make it the ultimate custom job!

Edit: Pictures of my custom job incoming.

Last edited:
This thread has inspired me. My bk9 is geting new grips and file work :)

Thanks to the guy who posted this originally. Your knife looked sweet and its the first acid etching tut I have seen..

I know this is a older post but...Damn that looks good. Im buying myself a esee 6 for Christmas and will have to give this a try.

BryFry, I know this is an old thread, but if you're still around, what did you use to stain the handle? You mentioned staining and clear-coating the first junglas you did; was that the purpose of the leather dye in the materials and chemicals picture?

Bump bump! I would also like to pay BryFry to make my Junglas look this awesome. Please PM me!

Bump bump! I would also like to pay BryFry to make my Junglas look this awesome. Please PM me!
According to his details he hasn't been here since 3-14-2015. I hope everything is alright in his world.
In my humble opinion, with all the work he did to that knife, expect to pay more than you did for the knife when it was new. I could be wrong...........
Anyway, that is one good looking Junglas. :)

BryFry, I know this is an old thread, but if you're still around, what did you use to stain the handle? You mentioned staining and clear-coating the first junglas you did; was that the purpose of the leather dye in the materials and chemicals picture?

BryFry describes what he did in this post from another older thread (excerpt from that post is in the quote box below):

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/s...-7-10-quot-cutting-edge?p=9687340#post9687340

(...) "Those are the factory scales. I took a dremel and some sandpaper to them, that was my first time trying that kind of handle mod, but now that I've done it once I'd say it wasn't too bad time wise.

The hardest part was staining it! I didn't realize how non-porous micarta is, so I stained it with Feibings dye which started bleeding color, so I had to clean it with alcohol until the color stopped transferring, then I clearcoated it for good meassure! It's not quite the exact color I was going for now, but still I don't think it came out too bad. :)"

David

Thanks a lot for this thread mr. BryFry, it was very inspiring. Not sure if I'd ever would have bought one of these without your photos.

It took me a while to get 'r done but here's what I ended up with:

35533363534_b04dbde2f4_b.jpg

35560683953_1d882efedf_b.jpg

The scales are Moreton bay chestnut made by TommyTheWHo AKA tmil2009 on ebay in case anyone is interested in some wood for their Esees, K-bars or Ontarios.

Back