Modded my Junglas, lots-O-pics-n-how-to

BryFry modded my junglas and I have to say its the best pimping job I have ever seen. He did everything, plus full convex and sharpening. Its perfect and about the sharpest knife I own. Could not be happier with it.

BryFry:

Just tell me what I need to do to get you to mod a Junglass for me. Your mods are the same as I had preconceived. I am planning on ordering a Junglass and could have it drop shipped straight to you. I would be grateful if you would consider doing the work. I was unsure how to email you direct ergo my email is:

tacticalconsiderations@gmail.com.

Thank you, for your consideration

Tradewind.

Awesome work on the knives. I sent you a message because I would like at least one junglas done by you. Im very impressed.

hey guys.. if you use the stripper on the esee blade will it take off the esee logo??

If you strip it without etching, the logo will still be visible, but it will rub off if you sand the blade much. Most people sand or rub the blade with a scotchbrite pad after stripping because the steel under the factory coating is pretty rough.

Goes to show that you don't have to spend a lot of $$$ to mod a great knife into a great knife that looks great. Seriously, nice work. I may just get off my lazy ass and turn a couple of ideas into something about half as cool as this. :)

Well, I tried my hand at doing this little mod to my RTAK II, just the carving on the grip panels. This is not as easy as it looks an needless to say, the results were less than "usable". SO, I contacted BryFry and he agreed to do a set of wood grips that I made. These were nearly exact copies of the original handles in some Bocote that I had. Here is the grips that I sent him:

DSC_4803.jpg

And here is what he sent me back:

DSC_4898.jpg

DSC_4889.jpg

DSC_4900.jpg

I am completely happy with the way that these turned out. Thanks for a job well done.

Glad you like them Kruger! I still think they would look nice if you put some fresh stain on 'em. And maybe some beezwax!

Cool RTAK man!

For this type wood, stain is not necessary, it has all the character it needs. And, I did seal them up, so they are water "proof", to a point. This is actually a working blade. It has been put up for a while, but I recently decided that I had a use for this blade, so it will be used, not a wall hanger like it has been. again, thanks for doing this for me, good job:thumbup:

Well, I tried my hand at doing this little mod to my RTAK II, just the carving on the grip panels. This is not as easy as it looks an needless to say, the results were less than "usable". SO, I contacted BryFry and he agreed to do a set of wood grips that I made. These were nearly exact copies of the original handles in some Bocote that I had. Here is the grips that I sent him:

DSC_4898.jpg

DSC_4889.jpg

Those look great!

So, BryFry, when's the youtube vid of you showing us some tips on those scales gonna be ready? ;) Good on ya for helping a brother out!

hey man great work can u email me i was wandering if you could finish some scales that i made for my esee 6

Great thread. I've like the look of the Junglas for a while and the mods on show here really bring out the best in that knife. Excellent work.

Thanks for the compliments guys!

For those who are asking, my wife and I just had a baby like two weeks ago, pluss I have another one still in diapers, so I'm pretty busy these days! haha... My wife doesn't want me working on stuff for other people untill I get some stuff done around the house! :eek:

....I did sneek in a little work on my own knife that she got me on my birthday. :) It's a Busse Boss Street with Giraffe bone handles. They were very blocky and slippery before, so I decided to give them the dremel treatment, pluss some simple jimping on the spine..... They are MUCH more comfy in my hands now!

005-8.jpg

006-5.jpg

I'd like to do more stuff, but it will have to wait a while!

Thanks for the PM, Bryan. You know, I bet a lot of guys on here would be willing to trade diapers for knife mods... ;) Just a thought; maybe you should run it past your wife!

Back