Modern Lambsfoot?

End-of-school-year activities have kept me away from the forum, so this is the first time I'm seeing this.

While I'll freely admit that I'm not a fan of "modern traditionals," I think I might have to make an exception in this case. I hope you are able to pull this off, Mike!

I think it looks great, Mike. Ebony slabs sound terrific. If it can have a nice firm pull, too, like the traditional lambsfeet, that'd be a cherry on top.

I like the squared kick. I know the kicks on these are a little different due to the stop pin, but the square kick on the old lambsfoot blades is one of the touches that sets them apart to my eye.

Count me in also. Been looking for a lambsfoot for some time now. I have several "modern traditionals" and they seem to cut just as well as a traditional.

I like my 2020 BF wharncliffe a lot! And this looks equally useful but with a lower profile blade. Very sweet!

knifeswapper knifeswapper have you ever considered replacing M390 with the K390 tool steel Molletta also uses? Would satisfy the patina crowd and still give the same performance.

knifeswapper knifeswapper have you ever considered replacing M390 with the K390 tool steel Molletta also uses? Would satisfy the patina crowd and still give the same performance.

The patina crowd have many years of fine examples in carbon. The discussions I have had lead me to believe they are not yet comfortable with K390 on smaller dimensioned folding knives. And for the larger part of my base, the demand for higher maintenance with everything else being equal is not an incentive.

I'm in, too. Like the idea of hardwood scales, with ebony being most in keeping with the original English lambsfoot knives. I'd vote fo cocobolo on this one though.

I'm excited about this one knifeswapper knifeswapper , it will be a nice addition to my flock of Italian made modern traditionals. My sheepfoot Lionsteel is my most carried knife of recent years, maybe this Lambs foot will displace it down the road.

i love it, I’m in for two: one in wood (preferably ebony) and one in stag/horn.

I have yet to be disappointed by any of the knives Mike has made in Italy and I’m sure this one will be no exception.

I’m not sure how technically feasible it is, but it almost has to have “Real Lambsfoot” laser etched on the blade in large lettering.

I really hope this project will come to life, the knife looks very promising to say the least.
knifeswapper knifeswapper It might be too early to ask, but do you know if this knife will be obtainable for/through the European marked?

I really hope this project will come to life, the knife looks very promising to say the least.
knifeswapper knifeswapper It might be too early to ask, but do you know if this knife will be obtainable for/through the European marked?
With Viper not selling retail on their website it complicates regional sales. Thus to date, we have not solved that problem.

Back