Moderna Covid Vaccine

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not uncommon. If the symptoms do not resolve she should contact her primary care provider. Everybody is different, I just wanted to provide some reassurance in that I've seen this quite a bit and all the folks are back to 100 percent after a few days.

I went through Covid after Testing Positive. I had all the classic flu symptoms................except a fever. There was never a day in the cycle that I got anywhere near a fever with regular tracking checks. I did however go through about three days where my lungs felt painted which was frightening. My wife was on alert to get an ambulance if my breathing got worse. The point of this response is that indeed, we are all a little different.

Vaccines should not cause any reaction at all. The virus is inactive when injected, so technically, even though your immune system is "revved up" after the first injection, injection of a second inactive virus shouldn't cause any issues at all. Your immune system is only alerted to a virus for which it creates antibodies against, but those antibodies shouldn't mount an actual response unless the virus received is active. I haven't really seen any data as to what exactly is in the vaccine and how they are going to test for efficacy. This reaction upon second injection is quite common. Many health care providers and first responders I know have had a similar response to the second injection, but no one can explain why or how. It is very unusual. I guess it can be like exposure to an allergen you've been exposed to before without reaction, and suddenly, you have a massive histamine reaction. I don't know for sure. I sincerely hope someone is gathering data about this.

Vaccines should not cause any reaction at all. The virus is inactive when injected, so technically, even though your immune system is "revved up" after the first injection, injection of a second inactive virus shouldn't cause any issues at all. Your immune system is only alerted to a virus for which it creates antibodies against, but those antibodies shouldn't mount an actual response unless the virus received is active. I haven't really seen any data as to what exactly is in the vaccine and how they are going to test for efficacy. This reaction upon second injection is quite common. Many health care providers and first responders I know have had a similar response to the second injection, but no one can explain why or how. It is very unusual. I guess it can be like exposure to an allergen you've been exposed to before without reaction, and suddenly, you have a massive histamine reaction. I don't know for sure. I sincerely hope someone is gathering data about this.
I won't speculate why since I'm not a doctor and don't play one on the internet ( I'm not criticizing anyone ese) but many people up here who have had the Pfizer vaccine report reactions on the first dose, and more report more serious reactions to the second dose for about 24 hours. The first is usually localized pain but the second knocks some people out for about a day. This is a very new type of vaccine (mRNA) so the one thing I do know is we don't know everything

Sounds like when I got my Shingrix vaccine.. Was a rough 3 days...
Soon as available will get mine, need to get this over with, tired of staying home.
Although saw reports can be as long as up to 6 months for our bodies to protect us from symptoms, and remember we may still infect others so stay protected, and hopefully we will get this all behind us within the next year...
Found site searching for particular item, joined so could reply, then thread was locked,.lol oh well..
May return to chat about knives, too crippled up to craft any, tough enough to keep them sharp..lol
Stay safe, hope all have better results from vaccinations and hope to see us all out n about one day in the near future...

This is silly. It’s extremely common and a known side effect of many vaccines to cause mild fever, headaches, tiredness and other physiological responses. I know in the years I’ve gotten a flu shot I’ve often felt crappy for a day afterwards (although better than actually getting the flu!) and whenever my kids get a round the pediatrician says to expect them to possibly be tired and out of sorts for a day or two.

Any time you are injecting a foreign substance in your body there is the possibility of some type of reaction.

My Dentist and his team received both doses. The Dentist said that he had a bad headache after the 2nd shot but it went away after he slept for 4 hours. The Hygienists had much stronger reactions and felt ill for a whole day. He also mentioned that the newest vaccine is not as effective as the first ones but is effective enough to keep you out of the hospital if you are hit with COVID-19.

I'm not an expert, but will speculate. I believe it's because the virus is peglavated. It's a coating that I believe was initially plant based, might be synthetic now I don't know. It's a reaction to the coating of the vaccine, not the vaccine itself. You can test for antibodies to peg. If you need the vaccine, work related etc, and we go to yearly shots, you can see an immunologist - allergy doc, and they have recently found you can get allergy shots for peg reactions. I don't know jack, just a dude on a knife forum so take that for what it's worth.

I'm not an expert, but will speculate. I believe it's because the virus is peglavated. It's a coating that I believe was initially plant based, might be synthetic now I don't know. It's a reaction to the coating of the vaccine, not the vaccine itself. You can test for antibodies to peg. If you need the vaccine, work related etc, and we go to yearly shots, you can see an immunologist - allergy doc, and they have recently found you can get allergy shots for peg reactions. I don't know jack, just a dude on a knife forum so take that for what it's worth.

Yep. That's why I'm so leery. This vaccine has not had enough testing. Basically, we are the test subjects, and I'm not happy about that. That being said, I was turned away for my vaccine today. Through a colossal mix up, I was delayed in getting the chance to schedule my first shot. When I showed up for it this morning, I was told that they are only giving out second doses because of how limited their stock. Is. Apparently, I now have to wait until most people get their second dose, just to be sure they have adequate supply. Very strange.

This is silly. It’s extremely common and a known side effect of many vaccines to cause mild fever, headaches, tiredness and other physiological responses. I know in the years I’ve gotten a flu shot I’ve often felt crappy for a day afterwards (although better than actually getting the flu!) and whenever my kids get a round the pediatrician says to expect them to possibly be tired and out of sorts for a day or two.

LOL, okay. Please read what I just wrote and perhaps you'll understand better. What do you know about immunology and virology?

Yep. That's why I'm so leery. This vaccine has not had enough testing. Basically, we are the test subjects, and I'm not happy about that. That being said, I was turned away for my vaccine today. Through a colossal mix up, I was delayed in getting the chance to schedule my first shot. When I showed up for it this morning, I was told that they are only giving out second doses because of how limited their stock. Is. Apparently, I now have to wait until most people get their second dose, just to be sure they have adequate supply. Very strange.

You probably know this already, but just in case you don't, and are trying to get the shot sooner rather than later... In my state, the county has a sign-up as well as each local hospital, and now Walmart. In my area, the current fastest way is to sign up at each hospital and hope one of them calls you. There have been supply issues here too, people like you that were scheduled and then cancelled so there is enough supply for 2nd doses.

LOL, okay. Please read what I just wrote and perhaps you'll understand better. What do you know about immunology and virology?
I don't know anything. But I can read the CDC website.

"Side effects from the nasal spray flu vaccine may include: runny nose, wheezing, headache, vomiting, muscle aches, fever, sore throat and cough. If these problems occur, they usually begin soon after vaccination and are mild and short-lived. The most common reactions people have to flu vaccines are considerably less severe than the symptoms caused by actual flu illness."

IMO, you're coming off here like you're pompous and full of crap, "Doctor." Not a good combination, and I'm sure not your intention. Maybe dial it down a bit, huh? More light and less heat?

Last edited:
I don't know anything. But I can read the CDC website.

"Side effects from the nasal spray flu vaccine may include: runny nose, wheezing, headache, vomiting, muscle aches, fever, sore throat and cough. If these problems occur, they usually begin soon after vaccination and are mild and short-lived. The most common reactions people have to flu vaccines are considerably less severe than the symptoms caused by actual flu illness."

IMO, you're coming off here like you're pompous and full of crap, "Doctor." Not a good combination, and I'm sure not your intention. Maybe dial it down a bit, huh? More light and less heat?

Sir, I have no control over people's perception of me. I am giving out factual medical information. You are not. My "intention" is to educate. I can tell you exactly what it means when you read the potential side effects of the medicines and vaccines you take, but I have a feeling it will just give you more reason to think I'm pompous and full of crap. Funny how you put "doctor" in quotations. I'm not sure what you mean by that. Would you like a picture of my degree? "Not a good combination"? Really?

I'd be glad to "dial it down a bit", as soon as you exercise some introspection. Amazing to me how people say inflammatory things and then tell others to "dial it down a bit" when they respond in a way that isn't pleasing to those people. My response and attitude towards someone is a direct reflection of how that person treats me.

Last edited:
You both are coming off like folks about to get an warning for insults.
Knock it off.

Sir, I have no control over people's perception of me. I am giving out factual medical information. You are not. My "intention" is to educate. I can tell you exactly what it means when you read the potential side effects of the medicines and vaccines you take, but I have a feeling it will just give you more reason to think I'm pompous and full of crap. Funny how you put "doctor" in quotations. I'm not sure what you mean by that. Would you like a picture of my degree? "Not a good combination"? Really?

I'd be glad to "dial it down a bit", as soon as you exercise some introspection. Amazing to me how people say inflammatory things and then tell others to "dial it down a bit" when they respond in a way that isn't pleasing to those people. My response and attitude towards someone is a direct reflection of how that person treats me.
You are in fact spreading false information which is directly contrary to statements from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control, which has been amply demonstrated here.

I won't be a party to it. Start your own thread for spreading that bogus nonsense. I'm closing this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back