MUKs - positives AND negatives

When I first got my MUK in the hand, I must say the thin handles really stood out as a negative to me. But after reading Jerry's explanation I totally understand why it has the thin handles. :)

It's the first time I have ever purchased a knife of this style and really only got it out of curiosity, glad I did :thumbup:

Not really. We could start a club. S-N-M (Spreaders of Nuclear Mayo):D:D

That wouldn't be weird at all.;)

Hmm. I haven't a Muk (have been too busy) ... so figured I wouldn't be posting in this Thread.

However, as a scientist I am capable of analysis based on theory. I have run the MMIAB suggestion through various modern mayonnaise-related theories and here are my results: no, no it would not be weird.

For a Hog.

chops onions great.
loving the full flat grind and handle heavy balance.
this is going to be a great animal processing blade!

I used mine to dress my dinner. A filet & some grilled shrimp. It cuts meat like butter. Can't wait to put it to a bigger piece!

After getting to hold a Muk, I have a few opinion's.
Positives, Handles great and balances well. Very natural grip and easy to choke up on allowing for great control. Knife is very easy to flip over to aid in hide removal. Shape of the blade is very conductive for skinning game. A person should easily be able to split the hide without damaging the meat and/or puncturing the stomach. The blade is thick enough to take a lot of abuse I would imagine and would probably baton well if one needed to do so although, I don't personally do much batoning, I would not hesitate to do it if I needed to. Overall, I am very impressed with this knife and can't imagine it not doing well at skinning and several other task pertaining to meat processing.
Negatives, None that I can see now.

Back