Multi-Tools..are they still relevant?

Something about their usefulness and influence: Long read below, beware! :D

Curious thing happened yesterday.
I was at the cafe and my sister showed me the book she had gottten herself (she's studying Art & Design) about The Most influential Designs in history. While browsing the book I spotted a Wenger in one of the pages, and here's the thing: it was the same Wenger I was currently carrying at the moment. Of course, a pic was needed to remember that moment in the future.

CAM04875_zps06xpw6xj.jpg

Only difference was the presence of the linerlock and the file, which was looking to the other side than the one from the Wenger in the book.
We both were pretty amazed that of all my SAKs it was that the one in my pocket, pretty rare thing to happen. Same model, same tools.

CAM04877_zpsuq1aikuk.jpg

Text from the pic is in Spanish, but it more or less says:

"Swiss army knife from Wenger, 1970. This combination of blade and other tools was originally designed in 1908. This piece is a small sample belonging to the permanent collection found at the Museum of Modern Art in New York. (yup, the famous MoMa)."

I didn't know that fact!

That's really cool. You thought you were carryover a multi-tool, but you actually had a work of art! ;)

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I had to use the MT again today my Spirit handled the battery change of the Roomba robot at my momma's.

CAM04883_zpszcb5zqu7.jpg

It stopped working and had been three days dead, so it was kind of an emergency repair as it is used daily!

CAM04879_zps0hpal30b.jpg

Back