Multitool EDC? Anyone?

Hello all. I was just wondering how many of you guys have ever EDCd a multitool. I hear a lot about people carrying a main blade and then a juice s2 or something like that. I'm 14, and sometimes I'll carry my juice on the weekends(because the weekends are the only time I can carry a a blade without getting expelled and sent to juvie). So any of you guys rock a multitool? If you do, which one?

Hey man! I'm 14 also, I know the pain of not being able to carry that sweet 4" blade all the time.
Carrying one of those mini-SAKs is the only option for how strict my school is.
I'm thinking about modding a Wave/Charge and removing the blade. Hmmm.

Are you from Australia by any chance?

I've been edc'ing a Leatherman Charge the past few months by means of a pocket clip. It's a pocketful but its packed full tools if needed.

Hey man! I'm 14 also, I know the pain of not being able to carry that sweet 4" blade all the time.
Carrying one of those mini-SAKs is the only option for how strict my school is.
I'm thinking about modding a Wave/Charge and removing the blade. Hmmm.

Are you from Australia by any chance?[/QUOTE]

Its nice to know there are other young guys on these forums! And no, I'm not from Australia. I'm from 'merica. Haha. My school is very strict with they're knife policy. I'm wondering if I can pull of a leatherman micra with those scissors.

Depending on the school you can carry a multitool regardless. I have a construction class, so my principal allows multi tools and manual knives with a blade under four inches. So ask about the knife policy. BTW this is a highschool in the middle on nowhere Georgia. Also, I carry my leatherman PST and my tenacious to school. Leatherman PST Buck vantage and Kershaw Leek on weekends.

I feel your EDC pain, as I am 15. I will always carry my LM Fuse if I am working, hunting, or fishing. The handiness is unmatched. If I am fishing, my LM Style CS is hanging on my jacket, because it is an excellent line cutter. I would like to buy a Rebar, but would rather have a Crunch first, because the vice grips would be very handy, and have some extra features to boot.

Connor

I carry a leatherman skeletool to work everyday. I'm an engineer and spend most of my time in the office but every once in a while a screwdriver or pliers is nice to have in addition to the blade. When I'm not at work it gets switched out for a "real" knife. Multi tools are a lot more accepted at my employer than regular knives. We also have an unwritten rule that blades under 3 inches are okay, so the skeletool meets my needs. If I'm in the woods I'll have a charge Tti on me in addition to the knife de jour.

I've been carrying a first generation Leatherman Wave every day for about 20 years now.

5 different leathermans a gerber I won't touch and a vic tinker and alox cadet. Will have at least one on me

I have a sak classic and a ps4 squirt among other little gadgets on a seperate cara beaner that gets dropped in a back pocket and Lately I've been dropping a Vic Executive in my front pocket.

When I was in school I carried my sak classic regardless. My school had a no knife/tool or what have you policy. Even blade-less multi-tools were looked at as weapons. Its only illegal if you get caught right? Most of my buddies always had a blade as well. Its just so darn hard to be without one.
During my CTC classes I always had a Gerber E.A.B. and a Maratac AA clipped to my work shirt in the machine shop. The same rules applied to CTC but with mechanics or construction or any one of the shops has a use for a blade of some sorts so you could get away with one as long as it was "shop appropriate" and stayed in the shop. Nothing you brought in has to be from the shop. It was rather confusing, but my good ole exchange a blade as okie dokie my instructor said he'd cover for me anyways if i got caught. He always had a SAK on his person anyways bein a boy scout leader and all. He was cool with knives as long as we didn't get caught though. He'd have to do his job then.

Switch in between a D'Allara Rescue with a Leatherman Charge in a pouch, with a SOG Crosscut on my keychain everyday.

Rotate between a Leatherman fuse and a SAK Tinker deluxe. If I know I'm going to do harder work I'll take the leatherman

The SAK basically all the time
DSC01631.jpg

And this leatherman a lot of the time
DSC01568.jpg

Ive, varreid and EDCed a Leatherman Skeletool pretty regularly at some points. I have a leatherman wave near me pretty much all the time. SOG makes a nice multitool as much as i hate to admit it. I have broken plenty of gerbers and have seen even more get broken, dont trust gerbers unless you really really need to one hand open pliers for some reason.

Gerber Dime on my keychain.
Victorinox Swisstool in my fishing backpack.
Victorinox Classic in my coat front chest pocket.

Great little pieces, and quite handy.

Victorinox Super Tinker always. From time to time I will also carry either a LM Wave, Juice S2 or Squirt PS4 depending on mood and circumstance.

Always have a Kershaw A100 and a Leatherman Ti-charge on the belt, a PS4 on one keychain, and a Micra on the other. I have carried a leatherman of one type or another for as long as I can remember. Have a few other brands that get rotated also.

I always have a Micra in my pocket. Small and handy. I would hope your school would allow the little scissors, just have to remove the knife.

Nice to hear of a bunch of young men post here.

Back